Author Topic: Antoher Bra Fitting  (Read 3286 times)

Offline mgr

• Bronze Member
About 18 months have gone by since my last bra fitting. My bras were not as comfortable as they had been prior.  My intuition was I needed a larger cup, given felt weight and density as well how my current bras seemed to be compressing me.

At the suggestion of my wife, I went to Nordstrom.  She told me they have a much better selection than the lingerie shops I shopped at and she always had a better result with their fitters.  

I wanted to try/buy a wire free bra to help with concealment.  I went to the store that indicated they had one in stock in my projected size.  When I arrived, a very nice SA approached me and asked if she could assist me. I told her what I was looking for, but she could not locate the specific bra.  She apologized and asked if there was anything else she could help me with. At this time, I told her I was shopping for myself and that for medical reasons, I needed support and was currently wearing a 38B.  I explained what I thought about my current stock of bras and she suggested we try a "C" cup.  We looked through the entire stock on the floor and she took me to a fitting room with 7 or 8 bras.  

I also said I needed a new sports bra for the same reason. She left me in the changing room to start trying on bras while she went to look for sports bras and other bras. When she returned, the bra total was about 13-14.  She then spend an incredible amount of time with me as I tried on each bra, some more than once as well as with my shirt on. She commented on all of them and we narrowed it down to three bras, one sports bra and one bralette.  She told me which one was her favorite on me because of the fit.  I purchased 5 items -- 3 underwire bras, 1 bralette, and one underwire sports bra.   The bra she liked the best on me is by far the most comfortable. It only took me 4 days to go buy 2 more of them. She clearly knew what she was doing.   I walked in a 38B and walked out a 38C.  

During our session I told her she was very kind for helping me and that I appreciated it. I also said, I hoped it was not too awkward, and she told me not to worry about it.  I later sent her a thank you email.

The larger I become, the less hesitant I am at asking for a fitting or going into the lingerie department in a store.  I had never gone to a department store before because of the crowds.  I think I am past that now.  I still struggle with my projection, but there is no way to get around it since I don't like to be compressed.  

It was a very professional and respectful fitting.  They have won me over.

hammer

Congratulations, It really feels good to get to that point! Good for you!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 08:36:16 PM by hammer »

Offline mgr

• Bronze Member
Thank you Hammer!

aboywithgirls

I'm very happy for you, mgr. It's actually a lot easier and you end up with a better outcome and a bra that actually fits.
That's how I ended up wearing the bras and styles that I currently wear. My mom would not wear an underwire at all. But, when I was 16 or 17, the fitter wanted me to try one just to see. I have been wearing underwire bras exclusively for almost 30 years now. I wouldn't have tried Fantasie, Natori, or Freya bras until the fitter suggested that I try them. I am glad that I was too big for a lot of brands because it forced me to go to the boutiques to find a good quality well constructed bra that really works for me.
Congratulations on your fitting!

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
Congratulation MGR!  I am grad you got the help you needed.  I am still in a quandary because the left side is still much bigger than the right so I don't know where to go even thought I have had several fitting.  So far I just stick to a 36B lace bra for the best fitting bra for me even though my band size is 38.

If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

bikerbob

Athena:  One of mine is a bit bigger than the other.  Both seem to have grown a tiny bit in the past few months but the smaller one doesn't show any signs of catching up.  I have had good luck with bras with bands that come in L or XL sizes and stretchy "one size fits all" cups.  These aren't for everybody, but with a B cup you don't need a lot of support and the cups conform to the different sizes with no problem.

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
When I first discovered that I have gynecomastia and started wearing a bra my right breast was smaller than my left, but it has since caught up. I found the topics at www.herroom.com under "Lingerie Expert Center" and their "Live Chat" feature to be very helpful on helping me look for bras that fit my breasts. The folks on the live chat didn't seem to be hesitant at all about helping me and treated me like any other customer. I just started the conversation by announcing that I am a guy who has gynecomastia and needs help getting a bra. I highly recommend them.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
I recently went to Dillard's to find out if my cup size had change and to my disappointment I was still a 36 B cup even thought the right side is catching up.  I also went back to try a bra I liked the look off and to my sorrow the band sizes and cup sizes were all mixed up.  The 38 band  was more like a snug 36 and the 36 could nit even go around me so I tried a 40 band sizes and the band fit was good but the cup size, even though non-wire was way to big.  So I struck out.   In Dillard you really need to be a good and full C cup to start buying anything.  I love their bras just to small.

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
Athena12@, that sounds like my experience with bras when I first started shopping online for them. When I measured myself and ordered a bra in that size the band would fit, but the cups were way too large. I finally "sistersized" until I found cups that fit and added an extender to make the band work. If you don't get a professional fitting that might work for you, too.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
Hi Chestyoldman;  But I have had several bra fittings and in this case it was just one of those bra manufactures problems.  I have even had a SA in the changing room with me and the results always come out the same.  38 band and small 38A cup ,which is why in usually stick to a 36B.  I do have some nice non-underwire bras that are a 38 band and fit nicely but it was just in this case things did not work out.

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
Another reason I sister sized was that the selection of bras with larger bands and A cups is really limited. If I'm going to wear a bra I don't want to always wear the same blah style and/or color. At 38B I have found that I have a lot broader range of bras to choose from. You should also find a good number to choose from at 36B.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024