Author Topic: athletic shoes size  (Read 635 times)

Offline carfreak

• Posting Member
Hi all. I am needing to get some new athletic shoes and from the comments on here going to look at womens. I wear size 11 in mens and when i was at walmart tried on womens same size and its too tight. So from what i have seen i need size 12 (good luck finding this in stores i am sure). Is this right and its a 12 w? Any other information helpful and thanks

Offline taxmapper

typically its actually 2 sizes larger. 
11 typ. equals womens 13. 

One thing I have done is look at Bearpaw for mine, and moreover I also look at the European sizes because they dont diff. between the sexes. 
A size 44 is a size 44 in mens and womens. 

I am now reaching the point of completely giving up on mens clothing altogether due to the subtle changes taking place. 

Offline Johndoe1

Be aware that women's run narrower than men's and a wide width or double wide width will fit a larger foot. Taller women with large feet have this same issue. I have found in my own case, a size 13 in regular women's fit me but the shoe is narrow. A 10 1/2 or eleven in women's wide width or WW width fits my foot like a woman my size and height. But notice the regular women's width, the size is longer where the wider width is more my men's size. I wear a man's 10 or 11. When buying on line, always check the manufactures size guide. They are all not the same. Something to be aware of.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
Hi all. I am needing to get some new athletic shoes and from the comments on here going to look at womens. I wear size 11 in mens and when i was at walmart tried on womens same size and its too tight. So from what i have seen i need size 12 (good luck finding this in stores i am sure). Is this right and its a 12 w? Any other information helpful and thanks
I used to get mine on zappos with out a problem everything from heels to sneakers

Offline 42CSurprise!

There is nothing magical about women's clothes.  We wear them only if they fit our bodies, which they often do with our developing curves.  But I don't expect EVER to wear a shoe from the women's side of the store simply because I have a wide foot.  I often have difficulty finding shoes made for men that fit.  A D width is never going to work for me.  So unless you're committed to crossdressing and need high heals to go with your stiletto skirt, I say... wear what fits and buy it where you find it.

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
I have worn women’s sneakers and boots for 35 years. Before I started wearing women’s shoes I always had to wear two heavy socks to make my shoes fit. Very hot and uncomfortable. I went to a red wing shoe store to find something that would fit from a suggestion from a friend. I told the sales lady my problem with shoes fitting that even men’s B width were to big at times. She measured my foot and stated I not only have a narrow foot, she said I have a slim foot. Stating that my heal was very slender like a woman’s. 
She explained to me that men’s B width was a narrow shoe but not as slender in the heal like women’s. This is why I always got heel slip and blisters.
She is the one that told me to start wearing women’s shoes. A regular women’s shoe is the same as a men’s B width but with a slimmer heel. And a women’s wide width is a men’s D width. I wear a women’s size 10.5. Which is a men’s 9. But like other clothing some manufacturers might be different. In new balance shoes I wear a 10 women’s. Nike I wear a 10.5. Women’s feet are types narrow in the heel with a wide foot bed. My feet are exactly like that. So women’s snow fit me very well. I’m so happy I found that sales lady. I had foot pain before switching over.

usetobeed

Like you, I'm a size 11 in mens' shoes. I found that a woman's 12W does fit me. Try lanebryant.com 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024