Author Topic: Got the surgery done  (Read 2349 times)

Offline sam03

• Posting Member
ill update day by day on how I feel and hopefully post after pics when i heal a bit:)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I'd say "Good Luck!" except that it is a really dumb thing to say because "Luck" has very little to do with the outcome.

I wish you well. - - - The word wish makes that sound a bit weak.

Hope you hav--- We voted in Hope a couple of years back and that hasn't worked all that good, Hope is not a good word.

Do well, Damnit.  You get the picture.
Grandpa Dan

Offline steelhead

• Silver Member
I hope all goes well and no issues.

Offline sam03

• Posting Member
Alright guys I got the surgery done today!! Woke up at 5 and got to the hospital at 7 to sign in. When I got in I was asked to change into a gown with only my underwear and shoes with socks on. About 8:30  I was called in by a nurse and she asked me a few general questions about my health. then at 8:50 I was called again and was seated and again asked questions. One of the nurses patted my hand and stuck a needle in and took it out and left some plug for which they would inject ivy into. After that I was called into the surgery room at 9:30 and they layed me down. ( had to take my shoes off). This is where the Surgeon came in and made some lines on my chest and asked me if I had any questions?.. After that they injected ivy into me and I could right away feel breathing slow down for a second..then they put a mask on me telling me to take deep breaths)...and then boom i wake up in the recovery room and I was still a little drowsy and asked the nurse when will the surgery take place..then suddenly i felt my chest stinging from the sides...more on the left than right..the nurse says the surgery already took place and gives me 2 pills to help calm down the pain..I rated the pain 4/10. Unfortunately wasn't given the chance to meet the surgeon afterwards. I had the vest on when i woke...and yeah i gotta wait till 22nd to meet the surgeon. Overall everything went smooth and the waiting period was not bad at all:D..Just really anxious to see the results! tried to make this as brief as possible..If anyone has any questions I'll be happy to answer them. yeah but for now I gotta sit and wait!

Offline sam03

• Posting Member
Got the surgery done yesterday just resting atm! wrote my experience in gyno talk but it got removed or something:S... but if anyone has any questions ask away! Ill put post op photos once im healed a bit:D

Offline Entouragee

• Posting Member
How much did it cost and how was fast do you fall asleep after they put the IV in you? I'm going to surgery in 2 months and I have this idea that I wont go to sleep for some reason lol

Offline sam03

• Posting Member
cost me $2260 CDN with tax which is reasonable! and once they injected the Ivy in me I started taking deep breaths and they put a breathing mask on me.. and their like in 3 seconds your going to sleep..im staring at the ceiling and half way into my thoughts I wake up in the recovery room..and i ask the nurse when are u going to start lol! and then i felt mild pain...and im like oh shit its done. Nurse gave me 2 pills to help stop the pain. I woke up with the vest on and was sent home. Surgery was approx 1hr to 1hr 30mins.

Offline sam03

• Posting Member
Thats what I thought too bro but you get knocked out you won't even know when

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024