Author Topic: Chest Massage?  (Read 3278 times)

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Ok, this might sound strange, but bear with, it isn't (I don't think).

I am in Physical Therapy for shoulder injury that I had surgery for not too long ago (6 months of physical therapy), and part of the recovery after physical therapy is a massage and electro-stim.  The other day one of the massage therapists had me laying down and worked on the muscles more closer to my breast and it nearly drove me absolutely crazy.  It took everything in me to not react.  Of course a female massage therapist too.  So I end up bearing my chest 3x a week, often to a woman.  I try hard to not show how I am feeling. 

Any advice or what to do? 

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Having gyne is a frequent cause for embarrassment.  Given your situation, where you need the physical therapy, it might be best to request a male therapist to do the massage.  He would (hopefully) be more understanding.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
It might be best to request a male therapist to do the massage.  He would (hopefully) be more understanding.

I'm not trying to diss you or your suggestion here doc, but wouldn't that seem a tad odd to the rehab clinic that this 'male' patient doesn't want a female therapist to work on him and is 'insisting' on a male therapists to perform the m/t? I mean, what is Bman41 going to say if they ask him 'why' he wants a 'male', rather than a 'female' therapist?

Another awkward situation that G has caused...  >:(

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
It only happened one time that the massage got physically uncomfortable, just how I was working out that day and that is the muscles that were very tight.  The massage is an important part of the recovery for the surgery.  It sometimes (often) can be a painful massage as muscles are getting worked hard that are very weak. 

As for a man or woman doing the massage, probably wouldn't matter, if they have to do it there, doesn't matter who, it is still physically uncomfortable. 

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member
dude i had pre op today and this really hot nurse say me with my shirt off!!  she was really nice and funny to!!  i was really embarrassed but she made me feel good!  and the day before today which was yesterday lol i had my consulation and the nurse checked me out and i qualified for real breast reduction surgery, anyways...he checked me out and then he called her in there it was really wierd but their doctors so i really didn't care!!  I just wanted to get out of there...im so glad this surgery is comin up!  I will be a new man (i hope)!!
My before and after surgery pics: Leave a comment if you look!! (HAD THE WRONG LINK UP! THIS IS THE ONE WITH ALL THE PICS)
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=19342.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024