Author Topic: Does the areola shrink in size post-surgery?  (Read 3444 times)

BrandonPrice31

I had gyno surgery and my areola don't appear to be reduced in size. I think they were stretched out due to weight gain then loss.

Does the areola skin shrink slowly after gyno surgery?

Offline BuddyD

Are you  generally happy itch your result

Offline bloodygyno

• Posting Member
hi mate i had surgery 3 weeks ago

i was hoping my areola would shrink too but hasnt really.

although i see lots of pics where they do

Offline Nips

• Bronze Member
Hey,

from what I've read it's a bit of a lottery as to how much one's areolas reduce. Same for the incision scars; changes person to person.

Mine shrunk slightly but no more than after week1 when I saw them the first time post op.
when was your op?

BrandonPrice31

My operation was done a week and a half ago. No change at all in size.

Offline sunnysingh

I had surgery 11 days ago. Mine too has not shrink. what should i do now. the only reason i had surgery was my nipples were pointed out and puffy. but after surgery left is still better but right nipple is still pointed out
what should i do

Offline Nips

• Bronze Member
I had surgery 11 days ago. Mine too has not shrink. what should i do now. the only reason i had surgery was my nipples were pointed out and puffy. but after surgery left is still better but right nipple is still pointed out
what should i do

Hi Sunnysingh, talk to your surgeon. Also, I suggest you go to the post surgery and healing section. Good source of information for putting your mind at rest if you read some of the posts there. Any surgeon on here will tell you 11 days is way too early for getting concerned about the results. I'm 7 weeks in, still fairly early and my left side I'm not completely happy with and this is still too early. Post surgery takes LOTS of patience, something I think isn't made clear enough prior to surgery. Apparently you need to give it 6 moths before seeing the final results.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024