Author Topic: When can i use marijuana again?  (Read 2368 times)

Offline KnifeToPuffy

• Posting Member
I want to keep this short and sweet.

I'm getting my gynecomastia surgery in 4 days (so excited!!) I've had it for 6 years. I have used medicinal marijuana for about 6-7months, about once a week. I stopped  3 weeks prior to surgery because my doctor says to avoid (herbal medicines) for 3 weeks prior. My question is how long after surgery can I use it again? And I know there has been some claims to marijuana causing gynecomastia but there is no hard evidence and that is NOT what mine is from for sure.

hammer

Unless it is legal and you REALLY have a need for it never! However, if you REALLY need it and it is legal for you to have it for something like chronic pain control why would you ever stop using it?

I've lived with chronic pain for 20+ years! I don't smoke dope! never have nor is it legal here in Minnesota, but if it was and worked for chronic pain I wouldn't care if it made my boobs even bigger then the Double Ds that they already are! Living with chronic pain is a hell of a lot worse then having breast!

Those are my priorities!

Offline KnifeToPuffy

• Posting Member
Unless it is legal and you REALLY have a need for it never! However, if you REALLY need it and it is legal for you to have it for something like chronic pain control why would you ever stop using it?

I've lived with chronic pain for 20+ years! I don't smoke dope! never have nor is it legal here in Minnesota, but if it was and worked for chronic pain I wouldn't care if it made my boobs even bigger then the Double Ds that they already are! Living with chronic pain is a hell of a lot worse then having breast!

Those are my priorities!

I use it for my intense anxiety, insomnia, and a little bit of depression (which might be from gynecomastia). It's been 2 and a half weeks so far and it's been a little tough but I've been able to pull through. I just didn't want marijuana to mess up anything during the surgery I mean, would it?

hammer

I can't answer if it would mess is it up or not! It has long been thought that it does cause gyne, but never proven, however, many of the meds that you would take for your situation do! If it was gyne that caused your depression and anxiety you have had surgery maybe you may be able to move on without the meds and just try some counseling.

This could end up being a damn if you do, damn if you don't situation!

Bob

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I am not advocating for or against marijuana because really there have been no legit medical studies -- only hearsay that doctors handed down from one to another.

Anecdotally speaking, I have had patients who used  marijuana both before and after surgery  -- their gyne never returned.  That is my experience -- take that for what it is worth.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
I've been smoking before and after surgery and it's all right. From my experience herb doesn't equal gyne.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024