Author Topic: steroids  (Read 2914 times)

Offline bigdawg1

• Posting Member
My gyno was a result of my steroid use years ago.  I havent been in the gym in a few years and want to start up again.  I have had my surgery recently and am considering doing a cycle again to get back into the swing of things.  Back when I used I never knew about the estrogen blockers such as noveldex etc.  Also I know now there are certain steroids that do not cause gyno.  My question is..... will one cycle of a non gyno "side effect" steroid cause my gyno to come back?

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
Gyno aside, you're not the least bit concerned about the effect steroids have on your heart?  If I was you, I would be a bit worried.  Why not try getting big naturally--protein powder and eating clean? Or at the most, why not go see a doctor about HGH or Testosterone shots? 

I don't know, nor would I presume to give you advice, but seeing you you just got the surgery, don't you want to enjoy not having gyne for awhile?  I wouldn't chance it. Steroids isn't worth another round of gyne. Hell no! F*ck no!

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Offline bigdawg1

• Posting Member
I agree there are potential negative side effects with steroid use.  Honestly the only one I ever had was the gyno.  I know alot of guys who have used for a number of years and as long as it is not abused I dont believe they are a bad thing.  I'm not really looking to get into a debate over steroids.  Was actually just looking to see if there is anyone out there who has had used steroid, had the surgery then used again.  Like I said, it would only be one cycle of a much better grade steroid. 

Offline scrabble

• Bronze Member
My gyno was a result of my steroid use years ago.
My question is..... will one cycle of a non gyno "side effect" steroid cause my gyno to come back?

If you don't want to debate, that's fine, but if you don't want to hear the arguments of others, at the very least hear the argument of your own self-experience. Steroid use in the search for the perfect body gave you gyne; you then spent thousands correcting it. Is there not a lesson to be learned here? Even if you did one cycle and got away with it clean, what then... a second? a third? a fourth? You can promise yourself whatever you want now, but fact is when the situation arises that you feel "This first cyle went fine" the next thought in your head will be "one more cycle won't hurt", I dare say you're just falling into the trap you made originally.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 01:29:29 PM by scrabble »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Having had surgery for steroid-induced gyne, why chance giving yourself a recurrence?  Is it worth it?  Many guys think they "know" how to avoid the side effects -- and then take drugs to counter-act the side effects of the first drugs.  All of which does a number on your very delicately balanced hormonal system.  Not to mention other side effects, like shrinking your testes, etc.

My best advice:  don't do it!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline bigdawg1

• Posting Member
I very much appreciate the input and am not disregarding others opinions.  I was really just looking to see if anyone else had done any cycles after having the surgery.  I'm sure there are professional bodybuilders who have done so and I was hoping maybe one of them would be on this forum with some insight.   My steroid use was years ago and was done on and off over a long period of time.  Being older now(41), its much harder to get back in shape.  If I decide to do a cycle again it really would be just one.  Other than the gyno, I really dont have anything negative to say about steroids.   They have been very beneficial to me personally.   Again, thanks for the input.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024