Author Topic: MOVED: how to start a convo with the parents  (Read 12604 times)

Offline ultra123456

• Posting Member
hi i am going to talk to my parents about surgerry any conversation starters?

Offline mattmando

• Bronze Member
yeah man it may be embarasing and stressful esp. if you have very conservative 'rents like mine.  i have been living with this for a while and my dad still didn't know until he took us out to an island where the only thing is to go on the beach and i refused that pissed him off.  I finally explained it and he totally understood. I was shocked man.  You must explain that this is not a rare thing but it is humiliating and keeps you from living a NORMAL life.  Then the hardest part is ofcourse treatment.  ONce the words 'plastic surgeon' comes that may turn them off.  You must press the point that you are not doing to becaome 'hot or even more attractive to the opposite sex etc.  its just to make you closer to normal.

good luck but honestly do it soon.  I didn't open up till i was in college i wish i would have done it sooner man the sooner they know the sooner you can do something about it...granted you are a minor.

Offline SmileOnTrobles

• Posting Member
  • Live in a perfect Hell...
My parents are very democratic. My mother tells "If you just feel is that right - just do it". My father wasn't agree in begining, he just said "WHAT? Operation? You're fine, you don't know every operation is equally hard" but after I told him I have to he agrees. I cant wait to my operation!!!  ;D
Every problem has his solution.

Offline WishmasterK

• Global Moderator
  • Bronze Member
In my personal opinion you should listen to your father. But then thats just me, and well this IS the acceptance area.

Offline mattmando

• Bronze Member
this thread was MOVED to the acceptance area

Offline WishmasterK

• Global Moderator
  • Bronze Member
this thread was MOVED to the acceptance area

The original post was also in the acceptance area, It was just on the wrong part of the acceptance area.

Offline Eliezer

• clean like soap pretty like money
i found out at the draft office "I'm joining the Israeli army" the doctor checked me out three times than later that week i was chillin with my cousins girlfriend we started talking about my breasts and then i showed her than she felt them and said hey these feel like mine so i was like ok so i'ts not just fat and it's fun to let your gf play with them 

Offline iwannabefree

• Bronze Member
this is the problem that i am facing right now. check it, i'm a procasinator and dont like dealing with my problems. and my parents r the kind that only wanna hear good news, if u give them bad news, they start freaking out real soon. i'm in college now and i live with them.
i guess i just gotta deal with this ASAP.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024