Author Topic: My Short Story  (Read 2626 times)

Offline false_hope

Hello everyone, I discovered this forum today and I'm so glad I did! I'm currently 16 years old, and I've suspected that something was wrong with my chest ever since I was 10. Being quite young, I didn't take much notice of them, afterall, if no one teases you, it doesn't really hurt much  :)

But once I hit 12 years old my life just went from good to terrible. I looked in the mirror every 5 minutes, hoping my breasts have gone down in size. The teasing I got wasn't too bad, I learnt how to hide it pretty well, but jesus christ...not being able to change for P.E lessons, spending 1 hour finding clothes that hide it, and then explaining to your friends why you wear the same 3 t-shirts over and over again and just plaininly hating the way I looked. The thing I hated most about the situation was that I couldn't swim comfortably, I have to wear a t-shirt to swim, thank god im blond and very pale so I use the excuse that I use the t-shirt to protect me from the sun. I finally got the courage to talk to my mum about it, and we booked an appointment with a top endocrinologist. She said that at my age, hormone inbalances are very common, and that the problem usually fixes itself after a year or two, maybe a bit more. Bad news for me, as this meant I had to spend another 2 years or more being TORTURED by own body. It was horrendous. Once I hit 14, my breast size had definitely reduced, but was still VERY noticable. We went for a visit to the same endocrinologist, and she said the same thing, hormonal imbalance. I'm now 16, and I can't take it anymore. I've got a pretty good body, nice arms, nice legs, and for the amount of exercise I do, most people would be obese.  I've also started a diet and workout routine, just to help convince the doctors that it's NOT fat.

So about 3 months ago, me and my mum visited another doctor. He said that my breasts were still rather large, and that the hormonal imbalance SHOULD have been fixed by now. He reccomended surgery and gave us the name of a top surgeon, also reccomended by others. Our appointment with the surgeon is scheduled on the 26th of August, but we might be able to get it a bit closer. This is where it gets complicated though. My dad is a very old-fashioned person, coming from a very old-fashioned family(ie dad works, mum stays home with kids, that kind of mentality). He tells me it's all in my mind, tells me to ignore it, tells me that my chest is natural. But how is that possible? So about 2 weeks ago, he tells me that this "condition" is genetic trait in his family, he has a light version of it, and his brother has it, pretty severe too, and also his father. YET HE STILL CONTINUES TO GO AGAINST THE SURGERY!

Anyways, money is no issue as we can afford it thank god, yet my dad is probably the only obstacle. If he's against it, I only need my mum's signature to do it, and I will do it. I can't continue living like this. I can't stand pushing my breasts in when I'm about to meet somoene, or keeping my shoulders forward. This condition has affected the way I talk,walk,sit,eat,sleep,think,swim and LIVE.

So what I'd like to ask is, what's it like? What's it like to go outside without a shirt? Or to wear fitted clothes? How does it feel to be FREE? I hope to be able to experience what most men regard as normal everyday things, yet I know most people suffering from gyne don't find them so easy...

Offline Bolognianips

• Silver Member
Hey, I'm glad you have the support of your mother.  Certainly get the op, even if your dad is right and you do not have a bad case etc. the fact is that you notice it and it bothers you.  I remember swimming when I was a kid etc. and having no concerns about what a wear, or who I interact with, but thats about all I remember about life without gyne.

The best thing about this, is that someday when you have children you will be sympathetic if one of them had the condition, and you will know what to look for.

Good Luck

Offline boobs-no-more

• Posting Member
Hello :)

Lovely Story and there is a lot of hope for you. Personally, i know its hard but try to think of it as a good thing getting surgeory at 16, a LOT of people are a LOT older before they get it done/can afford it etc, so feel grateful, even tho it may seem hard.

So whats it like? My friend, i've been free for just over 4 weeks now, and also there is still swelling and such, and i am still wearing a support grip, ITS THE BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD ( http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,10082.0.html ). To walk around the house with just a t-shirt on and no slouching them shoulders forward, its great. Best of luck with the op, it will be the best day of your life.

Regards

Offline false_hope

Hey guys, thanks for the replies! Hopefully I'll soon be rid of this terrible condition... I just can't stand it anymore.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024