Author Topic: Will trying to lose weight make a difference?  (Read 3460 times)

Offline Vargsguy

Hey everyone,
   Just a quick question that im hoping you all could answer for me. Im not sure if I have this condition or not, but I have had large nipples and somewhat large breasts (larger than they should be), since I was about 11-12 years old. Now I am 21. I am over weight by about 30-40 pounds, but also have a pretty wide build, so it doesnt look too bad. My question is this. I am going to try to lose the weight first, but if I have this condition, does that mean that my stomach fats will go down, but my breasts will stay? I am just scared that if I try to lose weight that the breast portion of my body will stick around and look 100 times worse than before. And, if this weight loss epidemic doesnt work after about 6-8 months, what type of doctor should I go see? Do I have to see my primary physician first? Also, if anyone has an recommendations for some good chest excercises, that would be great. Thanks! :)

Offline cannaman20

• Posting Member
Your body will always lose the fat it put on first, last. So all that means is if you tend to carry alot of fat on your chest naturally then you will probably need to be down in or near single digit body fat percentage to lose the chest fat.  If you do have the glandular gyne, trust me losing weight and building muscle will make the gland stick out much more. Some other really good exercises to try for chest are : dumbell flyes (incline, and flat) cable crossovers, dumbell pullovers,  and dips are supposed to be good for squaring out the chest.  If it does turn out after six months of exercising and eating healthy if you still have the breasts and your body fat is close to single digits chances are you have gynecomastia. In that case I'd say you should go see your physician first and ask them to exam you and take a test to make sure your hormone levels are normal, after that, if you decide you want surgery go for a consultation with a plastic surgeon.

hope I've been of some help

Offline KRSplat

If you have gynecomastia, then yes, your breasts will probably stay. Weight loss might make it look better or worse; it depends on your body (distribution of fat and muscle, severity of condition) and your personal opinion.

Offline Vargsguy

Awsome thankyou guys for answering that for me

Offline intilt

• Bronze Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024