Author Topic: is this fat or gyno?  (Read 4600 times)

Offline donescobar2000

• Posting Member
Another thread to determine what I have.  This is pre operation.  I was told by my plastice surgeon I had gyno.  I had one procedure done on my pecs but I still have the saggy chest.  He said I needed a second op.  I did not do it because I think he was trying to dry me out of money and I did not want anymore scars.  I will post more recent pics later this evening.  I just want to get some opinions.  Do I need to just get cut to loose it or do I need to have another operation. :(

BTW  I no longer have that gut/extra skin anymore from a huge weightloss.  My doctor took that off. :-X

https://home.comcast.net/~donescobar/Right071003.jpg

https://home.comcast.net/~donescobar/IMAGE173.BMP

One again I will post the post operation pics later this afternoon.

Offline rcbrown23

This is tough because of the obvious massive weight loss. First off, congrats on that...it's tough, but looks like you've done it.

I would have to say that it is not going to tighten up to your satifaction on it's own, even with extensive workouts. It may or may not be gynecomastia, but there is a lot of loose skin there from the weight loss, and it's just too much to tighten up on it's own.

In my opinion, you'll need an operation to rid the excess skin. There will probably be scars left over...it's where and how noticeable they are that rests on the expertise of the plastic surgeon you see, so find a good one if you go through with it. Also, don't do anything untill your at thw weight level your going to stay at. If you get it now and then lose more weight, you may have more skin to get rid of...know what I mean?

Good luck

-Brown

Offline donescobar2000

• Posting Member
That is really some great advice.  Thanks!  The pics are post op since I already had some chest work done.  I will post some pics today this evening to show what I look like now for further feedback.

I was afraid of further scaring this is why I never talked to the PS again.  But I have reached out to him to see if there what we can do and to see if I need to come out of pocket more.  I hope not.  I am broke.   :-/

Offline Spleen

How much weight did you lose?  You look like a young guy too.  

Anyway, I don't think you have "true" gyne but just a lot of loose skin.  Like Brown said they can tighten up that skin surgically, but be prepared for some scarring.  Still, amazing job losing that weight.

Offline donescobar2000

• Posting Member
Thanks! :)  I am actually young.  I am 23 now.  I was about 22 in those pics.  I lost a total of about 90 lbs.  More scars is the only thing I am afraid of.  I already have quite a bit from a full tummy tuck. :-/

Offline disarm

• Posting Member
hey bro congrats on the weight loss! I lost about 75 lbs too myself and all that extra skin ain't pretty but getting skin reduction I think can help with bettering your body's contour. We all don't want noticeable scars, but sometimes they can't be avoided. It's a compromise you may have to make. I have some loose skin on my chest and lower abdomen mostly. I will be seeing Dr. Bermant in VA this May to do something about my chest and in the future I want to get rid of some of my extra skin on my lower abdomen whether its a full or mini tummy tuck. Scars fade to some degree anyway. Looking forward to see your results on your post op photos and keep lifting those weights man!   :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 10:35:36 AM by disarm »

Offline donescobar2000

• Posting Member
Your right.  Its nothing a tank top cant hide.   ;D

Offline donescobar2000

• Posting Member
Alright guys.  As promised.  I am much bigger now.  I have more muscle mass.  I will take a pic in a few.

https://home.comcast.net/~donescobar/Chest1.jpg
https://home.comcast.net/~donescobar/chest2.jpg
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 12:49:53 PM by donescobar2000 »

Offline disarm

• Posting Member
hey bro it's me again, after seeing your post op pics seems akward that your plastic surgeon is saying you need a second surgery for your gyno. In my opinion it was evident that because of the large amount of skin on your chest that removal of the extra skin was unvavoidable and should have been handled completely in the first op. From what I saw in the new post op pics you posted I'm concerned as to why he only removed skin around the nipple using what is the called the "donut technique" where the areola is surgically removed and a donut of skin around it is removed and the areola is sowed back on. That type of skin removal can better the contour of someone's chest, but only to a certain extent. Now he's telling you that you need another operation on your chest? I think he should have known that removal of extra skin using that technique would not tighten the skin on your chest enough. On Dr. Bermant's website I saw the other surgical techniques for skin removal which can handle  a larger amount of skin removal like the full anchor scar technique. http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/gynecomastia_excess_skin.html
Because he did not remove enough skin in the first op you still have redundant skin and that is why you still have a "saggy" chest like you said. Had he been a qualified and experienced ps he would have removed the extra skin in the first op. Either he doesn't have alot of experience or he's milking you for more money. I think you should seek another qualified surgeon because from what I see he lacks experience and expertise in handling larger amounts of skin removal. As far as your tummy tuck, are you satisfied with your results? Is your abdomen area tight or is there some extra skin as well? I haven't seen many cases where a vertical incision is made in conjunction with a horizontal incision in the lower abdomen. The only case I've seen is when a man had a vertical scar when he had gastric bypass surgery which left him with a vertical scar and when he had tummy tuck surgery, the plastic surgeon revised it by doing a n incision around the vertical scar and the usual horizontal scar to remove the excess skin. I really can't explain it, but here's a link to get a better idea. http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/male_plastic_surgery/male_tummy_tuck.html
From what I've seen typical full tummy tucks leave only a horizontal scar across the lower abdomen where it is not as visible. Is there a reason why you required a vertical incision as well. I am just concerned about the quality of expertise your plastic surgeon may have to offer and I don't understand why he didn't remove more skin on your chest during the first op.  
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 10:48:23 PM by disarm »

Offline donescobar2000

• Posting Member
hey bro it's me again, after seeing your post op pics seems akward that your plastic surgeon is saying you need a second surgery for your gyno. In my opinion it was evident that because of the large amount of skin on your chest that removal of the extra skin was unvavoidable and should have been handled completely in the first op. From what I saw in the new post op pics you posted I'm concerned as to why he only removed skin around the nipple using what is the called the "donut technique" where the areola is surgically removed and a donut of skin around it is removed and the areola is sowed back on. That type of skin removal can better the contour of someone's chest, but only to a certain extent. Now he's telling you that you need another operation on your chest? I think he should have known that removal of extra skin using that technique would not tighten the skin on your chest enough. On Dr. Bermant's website I saw the other surgical techniques for skin removal which can handle  a larger amount of skin removal like the full anchor scar technique. http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/gynecomastia_excess_skin.html
Because he did not remove enough skin in the first op you still have redundant skin and that is why you still have a "saggy" chest like you said. Had he been a qualified and experienced ps he would have removed the extra skin in the first op. Either he doesn't have alot of experience or he's milking you for more money. I think you should seek another qualified surgeon because from what I see he lacks experience and expertise in handling larger amounts of skin removal. As far as your tummy tuck, are you satisfied with your results? Is your abdomen area tight or is there some extra skin as well? I haven't seen many cases where a vertical incision is made in conjunction with a horizontal incision in the lower abdomen. The only case I've seen is when a man had a vertical scar when he had gastric bypass surgery which left him with a vertical scar and when he had tummy tuck surgery, the plastic surgeon revised it by doing a n incision around the vertical scar and the usual horizontal scar to remove the excess skin. I really can't explain it, but here's a link to get a better idea. http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/male_plastic_surgery/male_tummy_tuck.html
From what I've seen typical full tummy tucks leave only a horizontal scar across the lower abdomen where it is not as visible. Is there a reason why you required a vertical incision as well. I am just concerned about the quality of expertise your plastic surgeon may have to offer and I don't understand why he didn't remove more skin on your chest during the first op.  

Youre right.  I mean I never got a clear answer from my doc whether I needed to pay or not.  He only suggested it.  To be honest I told him to lets do the prcedure without the cuting of the additonal skin.  I was fearful of the scars.  So I guess it is really my fault.

As for my tummy tuck.  I am satisfied because at least I got rid of most of the skin that was there.  IT WAS A LOT.  

As for him being experienced.  I am assuming he is.  I saw a few pics from other people he worked on.  In addition he had credibility.  He has been in the Washington Post and other publications.  I went off of that in choosing him.  

I will probably start saving to see if I can get a second OP.  Another $3000  :-/
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 06:34:56 AM by donescobar2000 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024