Author Topic: Had surgery in July... not happy with the results  (Read 4920 times)

Offline LMC1307

• Bronze Member
I am 19 years old and had gland excision and lipo done on mild/moderate gyno and I am not happy with the results. My nipples are still puffy, and pointed... I am hoping that this will go down, but it has been four months since my surgery and it just doesn't seem to be getting better. I am active and fairly in shape, so I would expect my skin to tighten up. Hopefully this is scar tissue, but I just don't know. I am visiting with my dr. in two weeks for a follow up visit, so I will see what the deal is.

Does anyone have past experience with this, will it eventually go down and will the nipples shrink and tighten up?
Went under the knife on 7/27/07 - Revision 5/22/08 - Great results this far.
Surgery performed by Dr. Placik M.D. F.A.C.S. in Chicago, IL

DrBermant

I am 19 years old and had gland excision and lipo done on mild/moderate gyno and I am not happy with the results. My nipples are still puffy, and pointed... I am hoping that this will go down, but it has been four months since my surgery and it just doesn't seem to be getting better. I am active and fairly in shape, so I would expect my skin to tighten up. Hopefully this is scar tissue, but I just don't know. I am visiting with my dr. in two weeks for a follow up visit, so I will see what the deal is.

Does anyone have past experience with this, will it eventually go down and will the nipples shrink and tighten up?

Tissue does evolve after any operation.  Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Surgery Pictures can help others understand your concerns. 

Puffy Nipples After Gynecomastia Surgery comes in many different forms. Options depend on many factors best discussed with your surgeon.  Sometimes Revision Gynecomastia Surgery is an option.  We help patients explore such concerns during a second opinion consultation. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024