Author Topic: My surgery in Denver, Colorado  (Read 4676 times)

Offline DenverGuy

• Bronze Member
I had what I consider very successful surgery in Denver with Dr. Richard Albin in May 2007.

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm286/DenverGuyPhotos/

Am I male model material? Hardly. But it has changed my life: I now look like an average 49-year-old guy instead of someone who drew double- and triple-takes at the beach and pool. I've gone down in shirt and sweater sizes from XL to L, and they fit me much better.

Whatever you choose to do, knowledge is power! - DenverGuy
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 04:54:01 PM by Merle »
DenverGuy

Offline Jahshua

• Posting Member
  • There is life after Gynecomastia
Right on DenverGuy!

Hey, I'm listening to Dave Mathews' show from Red Rocks. I've never been there, but I sure hope to someday!
Here's my doc's web page: drmoliver.com

Offline 300zib

• Posting Member
Looking really good bro,  so how did it affect your life now your free?  Also were you scared you needed skin removal?  Mine look just like yours and when i bend over they sag so i thought my only option was to remove skin.  Just got back from my doc visit and said that i don't need any skin removed and that it should all tighten back.  You look great how much was the surgery?

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member

Offline DenverGuy

• Bronze Member
Sorry for my very delayed response; I had connection problems. Also, I removed the photos from Photobucket, so don't try that link. I will post a smaller album now that I can appear to re-connect to Gynecomastia.org.

UPDATE 5/26/08: HERE'S THE NEW PHOTOBUCKET ALBUM:
http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm286/DenverGuyPhotos/

Anyway, to respond to the questions: the surgery went great. It's been about a year and I'm very happy. I did not need any skin removal. Right after surgery I had what appeared to be some excess skin under my right breast and I was worried I'd need revision, but that wasn't the case. My chest is not completely 100% symmetrical but that's OK, the rest of me ain't perfect either. My yardstick is: "Would another guy or a woman give my bare chest a second look at the pool?" and if the answer is no, then it's a success. By that standard, I'm a total success. Also, I love how easy it is for me to go running now - no more nipple chafing - and how my shirts hang better. I actually went down a shirt size, from XL to L. And my little kids didn't notice a thing!

I would highly recommend my surgeon if you're in the Denver area - he's very experienced and knows what he's doing, and the cost is reasonable (about $4300 for me a year ago, everything included), but there are plenty of good experienced docs out there. Make sure yours is EXPERIENCED and trust your instincts when you have your consultation. Also, have realistic expectations. Best wishes to all of you!

DenverGuy
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 02:03:54 AM by DenverGuy »

Offline 300zib

• Posting Member
So what happened to the skin?  How long did it take for it to be normal again?  Im curious about how long it took to heal.

Offline DenverGuy

• Bronze Member
It was really just a couple of days right after surgery: there was what seemed to be excess skin - no fat behind it, just skin - on one side of my chest. The doc saw it and said don't worry, it'll fill in fine. And that's exactly what happened. Within a week or so it had disappeared.

Offline 300zib

• Posting Member
Dam well im 6 weeks out and my left side looks so bad.  Looks like there is nothing behind my nipple.  I guess its true everyone in my family has the worst luck ever.  You look man glad your happy now enjoy your life to the fullest.

Offline DenverGuy

• Bronze Member
OK, if you scroll back up to the start of this thread you'll see my before and after shots, and a link to my Photobucket album. Good luck everyone!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024