Author Topic: Hey doddy??  (Read 4778 times)

Offline JeffJ

• Posting Member
I see that you post surgery pics look phenomenal!! It appears as if the Dr. didnt cut you around the nipple, and instead near your armpit: Is that the case and if so could you please explain what your surgeon did? Also what state is your Doc in?
Thanks a lot,
Jeff

Offline Spleen

I gotta question for you too: didn't you say your Doc lipo'd you too?  My doc doesn't think there's anything to lipo in my chest, but I think I'm fatter than you.  I'm wondering if I should press my doc for chest lipo (he's doing the spare tire anyway) but this cat seems to think he won't have anything to suck out.

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Jeff:

He went in through one insicision just under each armpit, and did everything from there. He uses this grabber thing (used to repair tendons, actually) to break up the gland and then pull it out through this little hole. His assistant then does the same thing to make sure it's all gone. He then just does lipo as normal, I believe. My surgeon is Dr. Paul Levick from Birmingham in the UK.

Spleen:

He did do lipo too. Maybe my chest was a bit deceptive, as in, there was some fat when it didn't really look like there was much. Although if you look at my 2nd and 3rd pre-op photos, you can definitely see there's some fat there. If I were you, I'd raise this with your doctor.. but then again, he's a doctor who knows what he's doing (hopefully), you and I aren't.

One thing to consider though is that Levick leaves the chest looking VERY flat post op, perhaps even too flat for a while. It's just his technique - he doesn't seem to want to take any chances..
etc.

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
Doddy: do you think if it had turned out just slightly less flat then it has, that you'd still think it was pretty "flat" ?

... and the saga continues

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
I'm not sure really. I wouldn't want to speculate..

One thing though. My chest is bigger now than it was in the last pics you would have seen. This is a good thing however, it's filled out to look a bit less "weedy". So especially after I can get back to the gym, I'm glad he took all that fat out too.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
I gotta question for you too: didn't you say your Doc lipo'd you too?  My doc doesn't think there's anything to lipo in my chest, but I think I'm fatter than you.  I'm wondering if I should press my doc for chest lipo (he's doing the spare tire anyway) but this cat seems to think he won't have anything to suck out.

Spleen, I'd do everything you can to make sure the doc lipos you if you think you need it. Even IF the doc does a free revision if you're not happy it is a PAIN IN THE B-U-T-T to have to go for a revision and the healing process all over again. A free revision is only free monetarily, not according to the inconvenience and hassle.

Offline Spleen

I'm gonna ask him to try.  I'm not so interested in a "flat" chest as I am in a chest that looks anatomically correct for my size & shape.  However, under the arms though seems like there's a fat pocket maybe 4 inches around.  It's not huge, so maybe the small diameter is the hard part to do.  But again, as long as he's paid and I'm unconscious, I'm gonna try to get him do whatever he can.  I could always diet off some of that fat, but it's not like I'm obese so I don't want to have to really restrict my diet to address such a small area.

Offline JeffJ

• Posting Member
Thanks doddy!!
   It makes so much more sense to do it the way your doc. does it! It avoids nipple scars and I wonder why no surgeons in the US do it that way??
Jeff

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Thanks doddy!!
   It makes so much more sense to do it the way your doc. does it! It avoids nipple scars and I wonder why no surgeons in the US do it that way??
Jeff

The surgeon I'm using goes through the armpit only, and I live in the US (near New Orleans).  I'm extremely pleased by this.  I'll be sure to post many pics after I get my surgery done on the 24th.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 11:42:20 AM by nukem2k5 »
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline JeffJ

• Posting Member
And good luck w/ your operation. Unfortunately I live in NY so Ill probably have it done here.
Jeff

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
I'm not sure really. I wouldn't want to speculate..

One thing though. My chest is bigger now than it was in the last pics you would have seen. This is a good thing however, it's filled out to look a bit less "weedy". So especially after I can get back to the gym, I'm glad he took all that fat out too.

Hey mate can I just ask you, if you know how many cc's of fat you had removed per side, and also if you were aware of your bodyfat % pre-op?

thanks champ!

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Unfortunately I can't answer either of those questions. I never knew my body fat, and I've forgotten how much I had out. Maybe 200? Not sure..

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
200 seems like a lot

I had only 20cc

Did you think you had much fat on your chest in the first place ? or was it mostly gland?

mate can I ask how much you weigh and how tall you are, if ya dont mind ?

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
About 165lbs, maybe a little more. 6'0.5.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024