Author Topic: My PHOTOS- pre-op, 2 days post-op and 3 months post-op  (Read 13610 times)

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
I'm 6'3 and weighed 180 lbs before surgery. I lift weights and perform cardio 5-6 days a week for years. The weight I gained at age 12 dropped off at age 15, but the gyne remained. I guess I tried all the typical things that I thought would help (exercise, weight lifting, wearing baggy shirts) before finally realizing surgery was the only option to rid me of this problem. I was in my mid-thirties before I could comfortably afford the surgery and wish I had done it sooner anyway.

I didn't find these forums until the night before my surgery. I researched a variety of plastic surgeons before  deciding on Dr. Jacobs in NYC. He and his entire office was completely professional and accommodating. He knows his craft well and I highly recommend him to anyone considering the surgery. I had a type of lipo-like surgery without open excision at the nipples. You can see the small incision scars about 2 inches down and over on my ribs.  Anyways, enough talk here are the pics-

Pre -op

2 days post-op.
The redness is from the just removed binder. I used Arnica pills and think it minimized my bruising. The scab on one nipple is from my shirt rubbing it raw the day before surgery.

I can't find the 4 weeks post-op pics, so these are 3 months out. My scars are gradually fading and I've gained some weight as I'm trying to bulk up with weights and have increased my caloric intake from 2000/day to 3200/day. I'll start cutting back this summer to get more defined. Some of the weight is in my chest as fat, so the pics are a little skewed from what the results could look like. I'll try to post more once I've gotten cut this summer.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 10:57:34 AM by milesed1 »

Offline bling

• Bronze Member
wowwowow omg he did such nice job no bruising just a little cut at the armpit

Offline PhillyPUFF

• Silver Member
Looking great man! I'm happy for you. I have a consultation with a PS on Wednesday. After looking at your pics - I'm now that much more excited! Enjoy yourself this summer!

Offline Mind.tfk

• Posting Member
Wow - Came out great! Congrats man. I even had to show my mother that. Hopefully I can somehow convince her with the surgery. I've been saving up money on my own but you know how that is being a kid...

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
Thanks for your uplifting replies. I now need to start saving for tighter fitting shirts.
I'm very thankful that it wasn't any worse to start with. I wanted a result that was somewhat subtle so that others wouldn't definitively know I'd had surgery. The only people who know about it are my wife and doctor.

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
Your condition looks very similar to mine, both before and after.  Gratz

Offline Mind.tfk

• Posting Member
Nice... Hopefully mind comes out as great as that. Once again - Congrats bud.

Offline MSJ108

Ya it came out great!

My issue is different. My chest looks good just nipples puffy when not cold or nipple area is not stimulated. Not sure if the lipo only would work for me.

Offline Mind.tfk

• Posting Member
I think that if you have just the puffy nips and no fat. You might just be able to get the incision. I might be wrong - There's no Dr. in front of my name. lol  ;D

Offline MSJ108

I think that if you have just the puffy nips and no fat. You might just be able to get the incision. I might be wrong - There's no Dr. in front of my name. lol  ;D

I hear you. My doc said he would lipo a bit and then while he was in there he could get a better look and do the incision if needed.

Offline Mind.tfk

• Posting Member
Do all Dr's do lipo with the incision no matter what nowadays?

Offline rashdudes

• Bronze Member
Congrats on getting a new life! Looks good

Offline scandinavian

• Bronze Member
Woah, grrrrreat results! Your gyne looks a lot like mine. In less than a week I'll see if my op goes as well as yours!

Offline tenncast

• Silver Member
do you know what he called his procedure? How much fat did he remove? looks great...and you are 35 correct?

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
Trojan213,
  The fee will vary depending on exactly how much OR time you'll need (6k-8k). You're also responsible for getting routine labs and meds (mine were all covered by insurance). I did my best to get into really good cardio-shape pre-op and followed all his instructions to the letter. I used the Arnica pills for a couple of days and it may have helped. I was sore and had a limited range of motion for a few days. That's why he says to wear button-up shirts. I only took 1 pain pill and the hardest part was doing without caffeine for a few days.

I took a nap the first day and went to bed early that night. After that, I was back to normal activities (besides exercise). I walked all over Manhattan and didn't feel set back at all. I still have some tenderness on one nipple if pressed and a little decreased sensation which are both gradually resolving. Keep in mind that we all heal differently. You can contact his office and they will send you a packet of info. with complete pre-op and post-op instructions.
Best of luck.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024