Author Topic: Me and my stupid pokey puffy nipples aaaaa  (Read 9224 times)

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
These little things have ruined my life for a year. Let me know what you think. How much is surgery in the UK for this kind of thing? I'm gonna try and get the testosterone gel too, don't have anything to lose.

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
here are a few more, cant do more than 4 pics per post.

Offline ScotlandGuy

• Posting Member
Dude I hope my Gyno looks as good as that after surgery, and you haven't had surgery yet!  Basically what I'm saying is they look fine in my opinion, but everyone is different, I'm not saying you are wrong to be bothered by them, just that I wouldn't be.

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
Yeah you have the dreaded puffy nipples, i had them similar to that.  Surgery is the only option, testosterone gel won't do anything to fix it and has a lot of nasty side effects, including GYNE, possible hair loss and testicular size reduction, depression, so forget that and start saving for the surgery.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline kingboob

Surgery in the UK is 4k give or take 500 quid........ not cheap I'm afraid.

First thing I would say is your issue is very minor and although some people might notice if you went swimming or whatever I seriously doubt and girlfriend/s would notice or even care, it isn't like you have full blown breasts, just slightly, slightly puffy nipples.

Second thing; how old are you?  You don't appear to have much muscle mass or chest hair?  So I am guessing you could be quite young still, in which case your hormones could be all over the place and this problem may subside in its own time.

It would be worth going to your own GP and getting some blood tests done, make sure you really push the mental aspect, say it is making you depressed, anxious, can't be around women, stopped doing sports... etc etc, completely over sell it, tears are good if you can manage it lol......... you really have to lay it on thick to get the NHS to help with these kind of problems, but it IS possible for some people. - bit of a postcode lottery though.

DrBermant

These little things have ruined my life for a year. Let me know what you think. How much is surgery in the UK for this kind of thing? I'm gonna try and get the testosterone gel too, don't have anything to lose.

Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia contours can be extremely distressing.  It does not take much to interfere with the contour of a male chest.

Testosterone is best used under the direction of an endocrinologist.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
you're right, I wouldn't be in the business of self medicating, I would certainly consult a doctor before i used any kind of gel.

And I've heard surgery is like 4000 pounds, so if it really is only 500, I can afford it sooner than i thought!

Also, is it really possible for the operation to be funded by the NHS if I can convice the doctor that its a massive psychological problem?

Thanks for all the responses

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
oh shit, just read that again and realized.... 4k

oh and i'm 16 by the way, I've heard that theres a reasonably good chance that this will go away after some amount of time.

I've had it for about a year already i think.

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
Mine went away at about 16/17.  They came back later though...
hopefully you'll be luckier

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
Yeah you have the dreaded puffy nipples, i had them similar to that.  Surgery is the only option, testosterone gel won't do anything to fix it and has a lot of nasty side effects, including GYNE, possible hair loss and testicular size reduction, depression, so forget that and start saving for the surgery.

hrt  eliminated my depression, not added to  it

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
Can i ask, what do people know about the NHS in the UK helping with this kind of thing??

Offline grathen321

• Posting Member
My NHS doctor pretty much said I should just stand tall and ignore what people say, which really did not help me in any way. I have heard a few horror stories on here from people going the NHS route which put me off, but it can be done. I think due to your age though they will be reluctant to do anything.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024