Author Topic: Need help getting started.  (Read 3064 times)

Offline manbid

I have been dealing with this since I was 14, and have never talked to anybody about it, not my family, not even my wife.  I only in the last few years realized that you could have surgery to fix this, and am interested.  I have talked to my family doc (no endos in my area) and found my test to be very low (104), and have been doing Test Cypo to fix that.  He says that I have probably had low T for a long time (slow delayed puberty, etc etc) and that has been the cause of my problem. 

Anyway, I want to get rid of them, and cannot summon the nerve to go talk to the PS in town that does male breast surgery.  I would love some advice!

(Pics attached)

Offline kingboob

i can't really give you any advice other than go see the surgeon! 

Believe me S/He has seen a lot worse and more embarrassing problems, you look like you would benefit from surgery because you certainly have some man boobs right there.... 

I would say the first thing you want to do though is get your testosterone levels stable along with other hormone checks (find an endo?) to make sure the damn things don't regrow after you have them removed...

Also, what is Test Cypo?  I have done a quick search and it only comes up on the bodybuilding websites; are you self-treating??  you really don't want to be self treating low test with drugs that bodybuilders use to bulk up?? 

So yeah,first thing I would do is consult with a endo & PS, take it from there.

Offline manbid

I have been working with my family dr about the hormone levels, but I do think im going to seek out an endo, eventhough the closest one is 1 hour away.  It is the same medicine that is abused by body builders, im taking it in the low, FDA recomended doses for hypogonadism (200mg/2weeks) as compared to the "roid" dose of (100mg/1day).  Definately not self medicating though. 

As a side note, I did finnaly talk to my wife about it this weekend, and she was very supportive (as i knew she would be, I was still ashamed to mention it though).  And Im going to call the surgeon tomorrow!

Thanks!

Offline matson

• Posting Member
look on this web site for good surgeons. I had a surgery 7 years ago and he was inexperienced. I couldn't even tell the difference. You'll probably have to travel. Go to someone who specializes in it.

Later

Offline NH

• Posting Member
The fact that you're brave enough to come to this message board and ask for our help tells me that you'll have the courage to see a PS. The PS didn't choose his job to belittle anyone, and is probably expecting a gyne case anyway. I know how easy this sounds and how difficult it actually is. I used to be scared to go to the weight room when I was weaker (I was weaker than I looked, and it was embarrassing), but the only way I accomplished my goal of getting stronger was by going anyway. If you really want to get your gyne taken care of, there really isn't much else you can do. There are a lot of cruel people who tease and ridicule gyne victims, but someone who does the surgeries isn't one of them; that person cares, and that's why that person does what he/she does. I'm sure that once you consult a PS you'll feel a great weight off your back  :D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024