Author Topic: My story in a nutshell BEWARE  (Read 7024 times)

Offline 300zib

• Posting Member
Well im now 1month post-op and i can say im completely depressed about the op.  I waited many many years and did tons of research before choosing my doc and now i can say i feel worse now then i ever did.  As much as i want to blame my parents for rushing my decsion it's all on me.  I will not name the Doc yet cause i still have lots of healing but he "was" on these boards if any of you get the hint.  I had a tummy tuck and gyno combined, the price alone made me alert it was way to high seeing as his op room is in his office.   Well to say the least im blessed with parents that stuck by my side and no matter what would do anything for me.   

Well being a month post-op my the left side of my chest has a big crater and the other side is ok but could be better.  The incision on my stomach is not even at all and is not on my waist line like he said it would,  as well as on my chest he said the scars would be placed on the bottom but there on the sides.   He keeps telling me over the months i see many changes but iv been on these boards long enough to know they most likely will not even out.   

What freaked me out the most was right before i hit the table he was trimming my tummy hairs with a small pair of scissors im like how come you didn't tell me to shave he replied dont worry then the next thing you know he cut a small piece of skin and i started bleeding,  i replied what the hell are you doing and in my mind im like i should leave now i had that feeling im making a mistake.  His answer was im gonna cut all this skin anyways so it is ok boy was i wrong.

I feel betrayed, lied to, taken advantage of, and ripped off but whats done is done i cant change that.  I never in my life would have thought this would happen to me and now i have to live like this forever.    The Doc kept bragging about how good he is and how other docs on these boards don't really know what there doing which is bs. 

The fact my case was pretty bad it boggled my mind that he said he does not use compression vests, after hearing that i knew i made a big mistake.   In closing i will post pics in a week or two.   To all don't make my mistake really look around,  ask all the questions you can, and make certain you feel comfortable with your Doc.   I really wish i had gone with Delgado or Jacobs but i live on the east coast and going for a consult then booking and having to come back its a pain but now i wish i had.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 07:56:44 PM by 300zib »

Offline Renwick

Wow, sounds like a terrible nightmare man.  I say for the sake of others and to let the general know about a horrible doctor, I think you should clearly put who this doctor is.

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
  The Doc kept bragging about how good he is and how other docs on these boards don't really know what there doing which is bs. 

That pisses me off. There is nothing worse than a doctor that thinks his way is gospel and everybody else is the world is just an inferior amature with no talent.   ::)

Offline trojan213

• Bronze Member
Damn, sorry to hear about your experience. Good luck with your recovery ... hopefully things improve with time

And thanks for the warning. I just moved to NY and was considering your doc...

Offline 300zib

• Posting Member
Out of respect for the Dr. im gonna give myself another month before i post anything further.  I may be over reacting seeing i still have alot of soreness and swelling.  Last and today i have been having pains in my chest kinda like someone cut into my muscle. 

No compression vest really worries me as my case was bad.  One side of my chest is saggin a little but Doc assured me i dont need a vest.  Im going threw alot of depression right now and its even hard for me to write this.  Im 5 weeks out and feeling more pain in my chest now then i did weeks ago.   The left side was alot bigger so i know he hacked away more then the other side but the pain doesn't feel normal for this many weeks out maybe i pulled something who knows.

Offline what2do?

• Silver Member
that's horrible, the fact that he'she cut you while you were still awake and not asleep.. that's just wrong, sorry to hear about your experience ...

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
Sorry to hear that bro, I am getting my gyno surgery done by Dr. Jacobs in NYC in like 6 months. Since I want to work out a lot and lose lots of weight and when I get my chest flat Im gonna hit the gym hard and get the body I always wanted....
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline DenverGuy

• Bronze Member
300zib, I just saw this post. I've been off the boards for a long time due to connection problems. I hope you're feeling better.

There is a Virginia doctor who does quite a bit of revision surgery if you really feel depressed about your result. But give it some time if you can.

In my own eye, I can see that I've had surgery when I raise my arms above my head - it creates some shallow depressions - and I'm not totally symmetrical - but nobody else can tell at all. Unless you're a bodybuilder, nobody else looks at us as critically as we look at ourselves. The key thing is, are the manboobs gone? Best wishes to you!

DenverGuy
DenverGuy

Offline 300zib

• Posting Member
Got back from the Dr. office cause of pain in my tummy.  Told im my right chest looks horrible and said he wanted to lipo the bottom of it and i said why the hell would you take more out when you took to much to begin with.  So i told him you need to fill it so he offered to inject fat.  Dammitt i feel like i should be the DR.  This whole surgery has been nothing buy a horror story.  I also still have pain in both sides and im 3months post-op sorry had to rant urggggggg.

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
He recommended lipo and then offered to inject fat?

Aren't the two of those things like, opposite?
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline 300zib

• Posting Member
Exactly,  when he said i will lipo i told him you took out to much to begin with and now your saying you want to take out more.  Told him look if you pull on my nipple it fills in the crater so you need to fill it.  He replys o well i can take fat out form your tummy and inject it.  The guy is freakin idiot i feel like im the Dr and not only that but the one that needs to be filled still hurts like when i stretch it feels like my muscles are tearing.  Im no Dr. but at 3 months out it should not feel like this.

Offline Doolie

• Posting Member
Please help others to avoid this guy by posting the name don't let this happen again.  Please seek legal counsel and push through til the end and you win, I'm sure you can.  Do it!  CJ

Offline whoknows

• Posting Member
sucks man.. this makes me very hesitant to go under the knife

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024