Author Topic: 18, Gyno, being overweight not helping  (Read 4991 times)

Offline MB456

• Posting Member
Hey, I am 18, and I have had Gyno since I was 11.

I have always been slightly overweight, but I have balloned recently, and it has made the gyno even worse.

All my teen life, I was ashamed to go to school, even wear light-coloured shirts. I haven't been able to go to a beach in YEARS!  :(

I am 6'2", 270lbs, please rate the severity of the gyno on a scale of 1-10

I have covered up the images for anonymity

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
I'd say 10.
In all honesty that third pic down looks more like a fat womans midsection.
You need to hit the gym and start dieting to get rid of that fat, not just for appearances sake but for your own physical and mental health.  Diet and exercise wont get rid of the gyno completely, but it will decrease it and give you a better result if you choose to have surgery one day.  Even if you don't go down the surgery path losing the fat will still be worthwhile.
good luck!
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Gorn is right dude...  being overweight is very unhealthy (as you prolly know)... I'm overweight my self... 227 ( lost 13 lbs recently :D ) standing @ 6'. Most gyne guys are 6'+. You have to loose some of the body fat. Like, right now! Don't think about it, just do it. Get yourself a bench and a few dumbbells, you can pound the pavement 4 cardio. Cut out all the junk from your diet. Eat lean meats and lots of fruit and veggies. You can do it my man...

BTW, what part of Canada are you?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
In all honesty that third pic down looks more like a fat womans midsection.

That's because us gyne guys put on weight in places where a female usually does. Prolly as a result of the high estrogen count...  I put on weight in the midsection, butt, hips and thighs... sound familiar? Yeah, sounds like a woman right?....  :-\

;D  Gezee, my 4000th post... that's a lot of writing me thinks...   :P

GB

Offline jackanonymous

• Bronze Member
You have a pretty severe case but i wouldn't say a 10... you need to lose some weight though

And gratz to grandpa bambu on 4000 posts :) thats a lot :D

Offline johnnybot

• Silver Member
Id say a 10 looks pretty severe. lots of gland and lots of fat probably and people say excersice wont get rid of it but it will help burn the fat stuck there by hormones if you want ill post my pics before working out and now.

Offline Spleen

Really hard to give an honest evaluation at your weight.  Losing weight/getting in shape might (or might not) make a dramatic difference.  Start there first.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Apparently your natural waistline is somewhat above your navel. A masculine waistline would be a bit below the navel. Fat seems to predominate in the lower abdomen rather that upper abdomen again a fat distribution that is more feminine than masculine.

On the other hand, while the breasts are clearly contoured the nipple is not as well defined and raised as in a female breast.

I think that you should see an Endocrinologist and try to find out what is going on with your hormones.

It could be that hormonal problems have a part in your weight gain and Gynecomastia as well.
Grandpa Dan

Offline johnnybot

• Silver Member
yea youbody is shaped like he said I think it would be very wise to check into hormones but as bad as it sound your stomach area  looks more like a big womens then a mans. Not trying to be mean at all..

Offline MB456

• Posting Member
Ugh, when I was 14, I went to my doctor about it (it looked almost the same then!)

He said "Oh well, it's normal, it will go away in a year or so. IT'S STILL HERE!! He NEVER recommended I see a plastic surgeon, even 2 months ago. He still insists it will go away. I hate him so much.

Offline FatM1ke

• Posting Member
Though your fat distribution is quite feminine (just like mine, I'm around 265 but with larger then that), you may just need to lose the fat and that will be all you need to do. Its hard to tell without losing some weight first, and seeing if the size went down. Irony in that of course is when I did that when I was a lot more overweight, I actually found that mine grew (!!!) after losing weight.

My rating would be an 8, try losing some weight first (Think around 10, 20lb) and see if that impacts the area at all.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024