Author Topic: Keloid formation, other pre surgery questions  (Read 3548 times)

Offline Hdaddy

• Posting Member
Has anyone formed a keloid where the nipple incision is?

Is there a way or technique that can help reduce the formation of one?

I got a really bad keloid from my last 2 surgerys, both on my leg, so I didn't care about the looks

When I met with my doctor, we did not cover nipple puffyness, I have glandular tissue about half the size of my fist right behind my nipple, and I am about 16% bodyfat (i can see my abs in the morning), do you think the nipple puffyness will go down, and it will look like my nipple is cold or stimulated?

He also seeemed to think that liposuctioning the gland would be better, but we are going to do a excision, he said he is unsure whether both my pecs will look even at the end result due to the fact that he cannot measure out evenly what he is excising. Is this normal, or should I try a different approach?

Thank you so much, hopefully this will be gone and I can move on with my life

Offline michaelmorey

• Bronze Member
Hi Mate,
I got a keloid from nipple incision, I don't think there's too much to prevent it prior to op..it's one of those things..if you're gonna get one, you're gonna get one. However, ther are two points to note:

1) discuss with your surgeon about doing armpit incision instead (if he doesn't/can't then possibly consider another surgeon who does that techniqie)

2) most people on this site who've had only lipo, have been very disappointed. From what i've researched, it's very rare to get rid of gyne with just lipo, so again, if he's insisting on only lipo, or if u r not confident in his skill/ability/reputation to do excision, then maybe consider another surgeon.

by the way, there is a product named "Cica Care" which is used to tread keloids. i've onky been using it a few days, but it seems to be working well on reducing the appearance of the keloid scar.. google it and see, but so far, i'm quite impressed.

hope this answer helps.

good luck mate

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
Hi Mate,
I got a keloid from nipple incision, I don't think there's too much to prevent it prior to op..it's one of those things..if you're gonna get one, you're gonna get one. However, ther are two points to note:

1) discuss with your surgeon about doing armpit incision instead (if he doesn't/can't then possibly consider another surgeon who does that techniqie)

2) most people on this site who've had only lipo, have been very disappointed. From what i've researched, it's very rare to get rid of gyne with just lipo, so again, if he's insisting on only lipo, or if u r not confident in his skill/ability/reputation to do excision, then maybe consider another surgeon.

by the way, there is a product named "Cica Care" which is used to tread keloids. i've onky been using it a few days, but it seems to be working well on reducing the appearance of the keloid scar.. google it and see, but so far, i'm quite impressed.

hope this answer helps.

good luck mate

So how bad was your scar after it formed? And how long after the op did it appear? Did your doctor say you could do anything about it?
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline michaelmorey

• Bronze Member
it's not toooooooooo bad, but it's not great..the thing about keloid scar, is that the incision appeared to heal normally (forming an ordinary external scab like as if you fell and scraped your knee) but as that scab fell off, then the keloid started forming. doc didn't tell me anything about the possibility of that (a bit negligent to be honest given my colour and what i NOW know is the tendency to form keloids because of it!). 

only advice i can give is that once your wound has sealed and is no longer open at all, then use a silicone product like cica care to minimize chance of forming a keloid..but raise it with your surgeon beforehand just to be sure.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024