Author Topic: Wandering in the darkness  (Read 3798 times)

Offline Star_Ruler

• Posting Member
Well as of now, I'm still not sure when I'm going to have surgery done, my parents are in a bit of a financial mess up. And minute by minute, I feel the pain  :-\ I'm missing out on so much on life, so many things. All I do is stay home. I still remember those dark days of high school. Anyway, I really don't know what to do, because right now I honestly feel like taking my life. That's how bad it's gotten. Is there any other method besides surgery to get rid of this thing?  :'(

Offline PhillyPUFF

• Silver Member
You might want to look into a compression garment until you can get up the money for surgery. It won't help you any without a shirt, but at least you can wear 'normal' shirts without being AS self conscious about your chest.

Taking your life won't solve one thing. You've made it this far. Hang in there. Stay Strong. There IS light at the end of the tunnel.

How old are you anyway?

Offline Star_Ruler

• Posting Member
Well, which is the best compression garments to buy? I wear XL Size T-Shirts. I'm 17 btw.

Offline johnnybot

• Silver Member
Youll be fine. just take it day by day.And the taking your own life thing its only moobs man people have a lot worse
try to stay strong
got my surgery last week in toronto went into dept for it

Offline cube

• Posting Member
Well, which is the best compression garments to buy? I wear XL Size T-Shirts. I'm 17 btw.

Your still very young, I had to wait til 23 to get my surgery done. I would suggest focus on school and get the best grades you can, once your in college get a job and you can pay for the surgery with monthly installments or get a loan. Also go to the gym or work out at home religiously, this will help with your self confidence. Through discipline and dedication your can over come anything.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/index.html

Offline Star_Ruler

• Posting Member

Your still very young, I had to wait til 23 to get my surgery done. I would suggest focus on school and get the best grades you can, once your in college get a job and you can pay for the surgery with monthly installments or get a loan. Also go to the gym or work out at home religiously, this will help with your self confidence. Through discipline and dedication your can over come anything.

I understand that, but i've been living with these things for 5 years + now. I'm not overweight anymore, When I look at myself in the mirror, I just look away immediately. I feel like just ripping them apart and setting them ablaze.

Hey man,

Get you some Under Armor compression shirts. Yes they are uncomfortable but give ya back a confidence boost that you've been missing. Think of them as temporary. Then start saving for a surgery. Set a reasonable goal -a timeframe to get the money. You can do it !

You don't have a fatal disease man....this is cureable.
I feel like taking my life too.

underworks has a sizing chart for compression vests on their site. A few words of warning though, the vest do help conceal but they're tight and very uncomfortable to wear. Add to that in the summer wearing a compression vest is unbearably hot. Also once you start wearing one you're pretty much forced to keep wearing it, or people will be like "what the f*ck this guy just grew breasts overnight!" and it will attract a lot more attention than had you never worn one at all.

The vests also lose compression over time and you may not be able to wash it much for that reason.

Thanks, I ordered a compression vest last week from Underworks, hopefully it works.

Thanks a lot for all the responses and replies guys. I feel a bit better that i'm not alone in this.

Offline cube

• Posting Member

I understand that, but i've been living with these things for 5 years + now. I'm not overweight anymore, When I look at myself in the mirror, I just look away immediately. I feel like just ripping them apart and setting them ablaze.

Hey man,

Get you some Under Armor compression shirts. Yes they are uncomfortable but give ya back a confidence boost that you've been missing. Think of them as temporary. Then start saving for a surgery. Set a reasonable goal -a timeframe to get the money. You can do it !

You don't have a fatal disease man....this is cureable.

underworks has a sizing chart for compression vests on their site. A few words of warning though, the vest do help conceal but they're tight and very uncomfortable to wear. Add to that in the summer wearing a compression vest is unbearably hot. Also once you start wearing one you're pretty much forced to keep wearing it, or people will be like "what the f*ck this guy just grew breasts overnight!" and it will attract a lot more attention than had you never worn one at all.

The vests also lose compression over time and you may not be able to wash it much for that reason.

Thanks, I ordered a compression vest last week from Underworks, hopefully it works.

Thanks a lot for all the responses and replies guys. I feel a bit better that i'm not alone in this.

I had the gyne since I was about 14, you can't let it be the only reason you don't enjoy your life. I actually joked about it with my friends told them when I had my breasts removed I would take over the world because of the confidence boost. I'm 3 weeks post op and I see a drastic improvement however there is still a lot of inflammation so the end result wont be visible for another month or so. It was only the last 2 years I started getting really depressed from the gyne also the right side really started hurting because of the glandular mass. If your worried about women you have forever to get a gf, if you already lost the weight then it's just the surgery you need to make you feel better. I'm wearing the compression vest right now and this shit sucks, it's the most uncomfortable thing in the world. When I remove it to take a shower I feel like I've been wearing it for years... Best of luck and don't stress.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
keep it in perspective, you're still on the front of the curve, some of us didn't learn what this is till we were twice or even three times as old as you.  the world is still your oyster, it hasn't cost you your college or real world gf yet like it has for some.  i'd trade you.  deal? 

I honestly feel like taking my life.
what, and let gyne win?   >:( >:( >:( hell no, jack, fight this evil sheeeeit back.  kick it in its f***ing nuts! 

I actually joked about it with my friends told them when I had my breasts removed I would take over the world because of the confidence boost.
i love it!  ;D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 02:20:04 AM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024