Author Topic: 15 years old, 5'10, 160 pounds  (Read 3509 times)

Offline AScottC

• Posting Member
Hello,

When I was about 10 or 11 I started to notice something wrong with my upper body, it did not look like most kids my age then. And it still dose not. It has not improved as the years go by. Do I have gyne? If so how bad is it? I keep hearing people say that when your young, it will go away. But over the past 5 years it has only gotten worse.

This is what I was thinking but I'm probably wrong. When I was young, I was a kinda big kid. Over the years as I grew taller, I did not gain much weight. Did that affect something? I am not a heavy eater.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 07:43:04 PM by AScottC »

Offline oldspice

• Silver Member
yeah man, u have it. mine is actually pretty similar to urs, if not the same. my surgery is next month, wait a couple of years, see if it goes down,which i doubt it will. then, get the surgery. dont stall on getting the surgery though, just get it down, and move on.

Offline AScottC

• Posting Member
Do you know how much your Surgery is gonna cost?

Offline Scamp48

• Posting Member
Do you know how much your Surgery is gonna cost?

I had mine on June 20th, It costed me $2,800, and that included hospital fees and the operation, I just had glandular excision  ;)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You mention that your condition has continued to worsen over time. I think that considering surgery at this point is premature. You should see your Doctor and get a referral to an Endocrinologist who specializes in Pediatrics / Puberty Or Reproductive issues.

I would point out that most of the time Gynecomastia is harmless physically even if it is devastating emotionally. But, in some cases, It can be an important symptom of something else going wrong. For safety sake, you should make sure there is not an underlying cause before you even think of surgery.

Good Luck.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024