Author Topic: Will I be denied surgery if im overweight?  (Read 2598 times)

Offline socal6

Thanks for the assistance and your time in reading this guys.  I just contacted doctorssayyes.com where financing is guaranteed as long as you come up with half by your surgery date.  My consultation is Sep. 19th and im currently 6 foot and 255 lbs.  I dont want to get my hopes up yet until i see the doctor.  Im now 33 and have needed this since i was in Junior high.  Its held me back in EVERY way for too long, i need this too work out for my sanity and for my happiness.  So I want to be prepared for the consultation.  Im going to start my dieting today just to be sure.  Does anyone have any first hand experience or does anyone know about doctors denying patients or postponing surgery? Thank you again!

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
I don't think you'd be denied although the doc may ask you to lose a couple pounds before the procedure.  But honestly, your results will be much much better if you try to lose some bodyfat first

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
Well I dont think that any doctor would deny to operate on you but you have to look at it from a different perspective. If you are really big and you get surgery, every doctor will take out only a certain amount of fat, beause if you are obese and the doctor performs surgery and makes your chest flat as a board its might not look good..if I were you I would go on a very intense diet, lose as much as you can....I am on a diet too....I am not obese or anything....but I was chubby....I lost 11 lb in one month, my goal is to lose another 22 by october... and from october to december tighten my mucles...and in the first week of January get my surgery... I am doing this for several reasons, one to have better results, two I hate being chubby, three I promised myself 5 years ago that I would get a six pack, and a tight body by the age of 22...and I am working hard now to keep that promise... its going great so far, I am eating very healthy, and almost take in no fat at all.... good luck my friend....
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024