Author Topic: loosing fat and keeping muscle  (Read 7061 times)

Offline Racer6

I was wondering if I could see some methods on loosing bodyfat while keeping all muscle mass (or a much as possible) and strength. I am trying to build a bodybuilders physique. Iwould like to get my weight down to 225 and be as strong if not stronger than I am currently. I would appreciate any advice.

In addition, some brief personal stats might help anyone who has expertise in personal training.

height 5'8''
wieght 240 lbs
bodyfat 22%

best lifts:

bench (flat) 330lbs (incline) 300lbs
deadlifts 485lbs
squat 500lbs
barblell curl 165lbs
military press 275lbs

I look foward to any feedback, thanks!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 08:41:03 PM by Racer6 »

Offline kindherb42

• Gold Member
  • F*ck this gyne sh1t
i'm not 100% positive but i know you should not eat much fats(saturated and trans especially) but you need some healthy fats such as fat in NATURAL peanutbutter. have lots of protein, keep weight lifting, but you need cardio. walking for a longer period of time will burn fat. don't run because from what i know when you run and your heart rate gets to a certain point you burn muscle also.

Offline nope1

• Gold Member
take ephedrine and caffeine, you'll melt...search the internet for info and where to buy

Offline kindherb42

• Gold Member
  • F*ck this gyne sh1t
nah man that stuff isnt good for you. why not just do exercise? it's healthy and you will lose the fat, and with the cardio increase your stamina also.

Offline Racer6

Thanks for the responses. I am trying to do an experiment with myself. I had one surgery but there appears to be some loose skin, I wonder what it would look like if I was completly shredded. Crosing my fingers, I will post pics when the experiment is done.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 06:27:30 PM by Racer6 »

Offline nope1

• Gold Member
nah man that stuff isnt good for you. why not just do exercise? it's healthy and you will lose the fat, and with the cardio increase your stamina also.

I know, I figured everyone else would explain the exercise and dieting side...I threw in the ephedrine/caffeine to do alongside proper training...it works, and it will double the amount of fat loss...and it safe it you take the recommended amounts
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 07:27:42 PM by nope1 »

Offline Swede

• Posting Member
Hi, the best would be if you could estimate your current +-0 level of calories and subtract 500 or so from that. Say you use up 3500 calories per day, eat 3000. This will make you lose 0.5kg / week (about 1 pound) which is a healthy amount if you want to keep your muscle mass. And don't lower the protein or fat intake only the carbs. Or eat slightly less and combine it with cardio, maybe pre-breakfast walks?

Offline kindherb42

• Gold Member
  • F*ck this gyne sh1t
another GREAT forum to help you out with this is www.bodybuilding.com then click message boards

Offline noshirt

• Silver Member
  • Surgery done on 5/20/04
i thought you didn't begin burning muscle until you had no fat left to burn.

and ephedrine comes from a plant called mahuang (sp.?) does that affect breast tissue growth? i took it and wonder if it contributed to my case or made it worse.

Offline mc_robbiedawg

• Posting Member
  • i like the flat- not thick and juicy
ok heres the deal.
1)you need to do cardio at least 3 times per week- to get really quick results i'd go for at least 5. This cardio needs to be performed in the morning before eating- this way your primary energy source will be fat and not muscle. Studies have shown that doing cardio before you eat burns 300% more fat than is perfomed any other time of the day.

2)eat six to 8 small meals per day- they should be about 3 hours apart.

3)consume your carbs earlyer in the day- carbs consumed in the evening are likely to be stored as fat

4)keep your carb consumption low and choose low GI carbs(wholemeal bread, brwon rice ect)

5)take a fruit and veg capsule- your body needs more fruit and veg than you can possibley consume. (Try keeping your fruit consuption down due to the simple sugers they posess but try to eat plenty of vegies)
Protein and carbs are like bricks and cement- and frut and veg the nuts and bolts that hold your body together

6)your diet should be high protein- you need about 2g of protein per kilo of bodyweight to stop your muscles being wasted away

7)drink until you swim- helps liberate fat stores, transpot nutrients ect

8) keep weight trainning- you can keep lifting heavy weights - or for a more pronounced fat loss affect do circit weight trainning 3 times per week

9)Consume good fats amd stay away from bad fats.
Monosaturated fats- oils ect liquid at room temp will aid your fat loss goals. saturated fats- solid at room temp will not.
Try adding olive oil top your salads or a tablespoon of flax seed oil to your protein shakes.

10) try taking a reputable fat metabolism aid like hydroxycut

11)Increase your calcium intake(not in pill form)
research has show that subjects who consumed 3 serves of calcium lost 200% more fat than those taking calciums suppliments and 300% more than those consuming no calcium at all
greatest looking man in the world- with boobs

Offline masterofu

• Posting Member
ok heres the deal.
1)you need to do cardio at least 3 times per week- to get really quick results i'd go for at least 5. This cardio needs to be performed in the morning before eating- this way your primary energy source will be fat and not muscle. Studies have shown that doing cardio before you eat burns 300% more fat than is perfomed any other time of the day.

2)eat six to 8 small meals per day- they should be about 3 hours apart.

3)consume your carbs earlyer in the day- carbs consumed in the evening are likely to be stored as fat

4)keep your carb consumption low and choose low GI carbs(wholemeal bread, brwon rice ect)

5)take a fruit and veg capsule- your body needs more fruit and veg than you can possibley consume. (Try keeping your fruit consuption down due to the simple sugers they posess but try to eat plenty of vegies)
Protein and carbs are like bricks and cement- and frut and veg the nuts and bolts that hold your body together

6)your diet should be high protein- you need about 2g of protein per kilo of bodyweight to stop your muscles being wasted away

7)drink until you swim- helps liberate fat stores, transpot nutrients ect

8) keep weight trainning- you can keep lifting heavy weights - or for a more pronounced fat loss affect do circit weight trainning 3 times per week

9)Consume good fats amd stay away from bad fats.
Monosaturated fats- oils ect liquid at room temp will aid your fat loss goals. saturated fats- solid at room temp will not.
Try adding olive oil top your salads or a tablespoon of flax seed oil to your protein shakes.

10) try taking a reputable fat metabolism aid like hydroxycut

11)Increase your calcium intake(not in pill form)
research has show that subjects who consumed 3 serves of calcium lost 200% more fat than those taking calciums suppliments and 300% more than those consuming no calcium at all

EXCELLENT advice, definitely cut the carbs and fats, i wouldn't eat peanut butter. Protien is the key. I know a lot of people who swear by the shakes and instant meals. These probably are good for quick extra protien, but its best to use them only as a supplement to a diet full of meats such as chicken,beef, and fish. Eat only very lean beef though, and no fried fish!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024