Author Topic: Can someone tell me if I have Gyno?  (Read 4998 times)

Offline jasonX

OK, so here's the scoop.  I am a 25 year old male and used to be really heavy when I was younger.  Lost a lot of weight.  Roughly 70lbs and lately I've gained some of it back.  I've noticed that my chest seems to be getting bigger, and I am working out a lot so I think that also has something to do with it.  I've never taken steroids, pro hormones, smoked cigarettes or marijuana.  Please let me know what you guys think.  I don't have puffy nipples and they aren't sore.  The only thing that gets sore is my chest after I work out, obviously.  Thanks so much for your help!

-Jason

Offline balalayka

• Silver Member
ok, your case is very similar to mine, I also don't have puffy nipples so I guess it's just fat. I've tried losing the chest fat but whatever I did it stayed there. I got very skinny (my hands were just skin over bones) but still my chest was fat. I don't know if you've included regular cardio sessions in your workout, but try to do that and watch your diet and see what happens. The fat may or may not go. Good luck bro.

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
nah you dont!
 Have a look at girls chests---- they have breasts, if you have a chest like them , then you have gyne.

ok thats simply not true

Offline balalayka

• Silver Member
nomis 50, there is obviously something you're missing. You don't have to have huge breasts like women do in order to have gynecomastia ! The male chest contour has a certain shape and when you have fat or breast tissue over the chest muscles , this contour is distorted. It doesn't have to be a D cup to call it gyne!

13genof

MINOR or not, it is gynecomastia, any development of gland  or even fat deposit on the male chest is gynecomastia, or pseudo gynecomastia! 

How people deal with their gynecomastia is a personal thing, NO one should feel pressured into accepting their case, or feeling that they are forced to have surgery, it is up to them!  Many many times it is because of not having enough $$$$$$$$$! On either choice, everyone needs a game plan to achieve, but, MOST of all remember that the mental aspects of having gynecomastia has to be dealt with!

Both choices have difficult circumstances to deal with!

Waiting to be able to afford the surgery, comes with having to live with gynecomastia for maybe a year, two, or three,  DON'T LET IT RUIN YOUR LIFE WHILE YOU WAIT, always hang on to the fact it will be over some day!

Accepting your gynecomastia and choosing to live with it comes with mental stress also, such as hearing people say look at his boobs, or wow he needs a bra, it takes time to learn how to not let these things not hurt you!

So always remember life is to short to let GYNECOMASTIA ruin your life, either way!   

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
nah you dont!
 Have a look at girls chests---- they have breasts, if you have a chest like them , then you have gyne.

WOw thats like saying "In order for you to be classified as a car owner you rims need to be bigger then 18 inches, if they are smaller then you dont really have a car you have more like a bicycle"

Dude gynecomastia means womanbreast, I dont know if you ever looked at what a male chest is suppose to look like but anything that contains FAT or/and gland and makes the chest sag or stick out, thats gyne and its not a perfect chest.
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
nah you dont!

WOw thats like saying "In order for you to be classified as a car owner you rims need to be bigger then 18 inches, if they are smaller then you dont really have a car you have more like a bicycle"

Huh?

I dont know if you ever looked at what a male chest is suppose to look like.

What  then, is a male chest supposed to look like dude? Flat as a board with dime sized areolas? Sure, some guys have chests like that, but who's to say that this is how a male's chest should look? Dude, that is just an ideal that is reinforced by the media... television, magazines, and of recent years, the web. We are bombarded with images from the media that makes us feel that we should conform to them.

Take for example how the media has presented young teen/early 20's women. Very beautiful, tall and very thin. If you saw a woman who was of average looks, short and of average weight, would you say that this is not how this woman is 'supposed' to look because she doesn't look like all the DDG models in the chick mags?  Didn't think so... ;)

We as human beings are all different. Different shapes, height, weight, skin colour, personality.... the list goes on and on. As human beings, we are far from perfect. There are many things that we dislike about our selves and covet what we see in others, but this does not mean that we are not supposed to look the way we do...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline DenverGuy

• Bronze Member
Jason, you look pretty darn normal to me. Maybe you technically have gyne, maybe you don't. If you're asking "Do you think I need surgery to look 'normal,' I'd say nope - I wouldn't give you a second look at the pool or beach. But that's just my opinion.
DenverGuy

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
ANY presence of gland is gynecomastia.

ANY  presence of fat which causes a breast-like shaping is pseudogynecomastia.

end of.

Offline john_loren

• Bronze Member
ANY presence of gland is gynecomastia.

ANY  presence of fat which causes a breast-like shaping is pseudogynecomastia.

end of.

The first part of your statement is way off.  If it were true, then you'd have to say that 100% of men have gyno.  In fact, 100% of men (even those whose chests looks as flat as boards) do have some some breast tissue.  It's only when the glands are enlarged (and here's where it gets subjective in terms of how big is still "normal") that someone has gynecomastia.

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london

The first part of your statement is way off.  If it were true, then you'd have to say that 100% of men have gyno.  In fact, 100% of men (even those whose chests looks as flat as boards) do have some some breast tissue. 

OK, i'll concede that and revise my statement --

any visible presence of gland is gynecomastia

I agree.
 Look up the meaning of gynecomastia-- Im sure the dictionary says it means literally
"women like breasts"
Which IS what I said! ;D
 I suppose like everything, some people like to make their own interpretation of things to suit themselves tho!

I would also like to comment on people reading so far into the greek etymology of the word.
A word like 'gynecomastia' is a medical word, coined in modern times loosly based on greek words (γυνή - gyne - [woman or female]; and μαστός - mastos - [breast])
Therefore, it is illogical to try to define the word by examining its 'derivation' from greek.
In the same way it would be illogical to try and define the word 'agoraphobia' by literally translating its greek etymology (αγορά - agora [marketplace]; and φόβος - phobos [fear]) as 'fear of the marketplace.'
We simply define it as 'a fear of open spaces' in modern usage.
In modern usage, gynecomastia is not 'woman breast'. We define it as 'an unusual presence of breast tissue that disrupts the natural male chest contour', or something to that effect.

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
I don't think the meaning of gynecomastia has ever changed. I just think it means an unusual presence of gland, whether or not it resembles the chest of a woman.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024