Author Topic: My Gyne...  (Read 2574 times)

Offline xanny

I have this boob issue since my purberty. Again. I was quite heavy at that time, about 180lb for 5"8. Then I controlled by calories intake and did execise for an hour few hours before dinner. The lowest I had ever gone to is 125lb in 2 years. At that time, I still had boob, but people wouldnt pick on it. Yet I could never have fine muscle line on my chest.

Then I got into work, where little time to execise. I got back to around 150lb, but for my height BMI should be ok.

Here are the pics, are they gyne or fat? How can I feel the difference between fat and gyne? How bad is it in your point of view?

Offline womanboob

• Bronze Member
  • Getting in shape, then surgery.
Those kinda look like mine and I haven't been able to get rid of them :(

And screw BMI that's probably the stupidest and most unreliable bodyfat calculation method.
Based on my height and weight of 6' 225Lbs my bmi is 30.5 but I've never got a reading over 16-20 with calipers ..I think it can be misleading.
using the BMI method, Reggie Bush (football) would have a bodyfat of 27.5...
Based on my bad estimating (but probably still better than BMI) You don't look more than 20% in the pics
-Danny
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 10:53:34 PM by womanboob »
Lose 18 lbs FAT by October (12 so far)

Offline Clandestine

• Bronze Member
BMI has no relation whatsoever to body fat %.

All BMI is useful for is roughly calculating your risk of weight related diseases such as diabeties and heart disease.

Offline grumpygyne

• Posting Member
True.  My trainer only goes by body fat % using calipers....

Offline womanboob

• Bronze Member
  • Getting in shape, then surgery.
BMI has no relation whatsoever to body fat %.

All BMI is useful for is roughly calculating your risk of weight related diseases such as diabeties and heart disease.

Its what it was originally made for estimating body fat but no any common person would agree it has a poor relationship so they use BMI for what you just said..

Offline Clandestine

• Bronze Member
BMI is the ratio of your weight to the square of your height. The fact that it may sometimes be close to someone's body fat percentage is incidental.

For an aproximation of your body fat percentage, you can use this formula, needing measurements of your waist and neck along with your height:

%Fat=495/(1.0324-0.19077(log(waist-neck))+0.15456(log(height)))-450

You can find web based calculators that use this equation if you want to avoid doing the math yourself.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024