Author Topic: Pre-op pictures (2 weeks prior to op)  (Read 9436 times)

Offline arpa1

• Posting Member
Hi I'm getting my surgery done in less than a month and I can't wait. Can you rate my gyne from 1-10 i'd like to know how bad my problem was :'(!

Here are some pics I took today:
http://s363.photobucket.com/albums/oo76/johndoe13_photos/

Also is there someone with a similar case that had the surgery...how long did it take before you had the guts to take your shirt off...and did you only have one procedure...anyways it would be lovely to hear what to expect; thanks.

I will have my surgery with Fielding very soon...he told me that I will need to be patient to see results...

Anyways let me know what you think or any comments
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 12:00:53 AM by arpa1 »

Offline oldspice

• Silver Member
hey, i too am getting my surgery by fielding in 2 months. my case is the same as urs, in terms of severity, but its different than yours as well. my nipples are way, wayyy puffier. hard gland under the nipple, with some fat deposits around it. fielding quoted me for 1800.

Offline anwar

• Posting Member
im in the same boat as you guys. had a failed visit to poland didnt get the surgery done as the doc explained that my skin on the chest will sag alot after surgery. and also explained that in 6 months time i will need skin reduction surgery. so going to lose the weight before i take the next step again!

Offline oldspice

• Silver Member
ahh that makes sense. now that i look at my pics, my case is MUCH worse then yours, because of my nipples. take a look:

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa122/logiman/?action=view&current=IMG000053.jpg

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa122/logiman/?action=view&current=IMG000057.jpg

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa122/logiman/?action=view&current=IMG000062.jpg

when my nipples are hard, they are about half the size. i hope after the surgery the nipples will reduce to half the size. the doc said the nipples would be reduced by "X" millimeters, i cant remember the exact value. i would have felt more comfortable had he said, 1cm or something. millimeters seems really insignificant. Also, i just hope that post-op, my upper torso, chest, and body are proportionate with each other. when your so used to seeing your self with breasts, its hard to picture yourself without them. :)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 08:14:27 PM by oldspice »

Offline arpa1

• Posting Member
It's true no puffie nipples on my side. But what worries me is all the fat under the armpit. Dr. Fielding told me to be patient "I will have some excess skin for a while (I think that is what he meant)"

Anyways not that I have lost significant amount of weight and also have gained overall muscle (including pecs). Hofefully the muscle under my gyne may help fielding with the lipo to be done? Will it?

Offline oldspice

• Silver Member
It's true no puffie nipples on my side. But what worries me is all the fat under the armpit. Dr. Fielding told me to be patient "I will have some excess skin for a while (I think that is what he meant)"

Anyways not that I have lost significant amount of weight and also have gained overall muscle (including pecs). Hofefully the muscle under my gyne may help fielding with the lipo to be done? Will it?

yes, i think it will. having muscle underneath the chest will definitely help give the chest a more toned, muscular appearance one the fat and gland is sucked out. as for the armpits, not too sure about that. i think that would come with overall body weightloss. i would ask feidling if he could do something about it, kinda include it with the gynecomastia surgery. if not, get the surgery done, drop some weight, eat healthy, and if it is still there and bothers u, then u should talk to a PS about getting it lipo'd out. :)

Offline arpa1

• Posting Member
Surgery is three days from now ;D

I don't feel nerveous at all and I just can't wait for that moment when I open my eyes after the surgery!

Offline sic75

• Posting Member
Good luck with the surgery apra1. My Gyno for both my right and left looks like your right side gyno. Ask the doctor about the armpit area. Is the armpit area considered a different area meaning additional cost? IMO I think If the same fat and glands go from the chest area and spread to the armpit it should be part of the one problem and one surgery.

In my case I "feel" I have large glands (and fat) that spread out to the pit area (high and low), next to the out-side of the pec muscle to around the nipple area. Please remember to post post-op pics so we can see the work done. Thanks

Offline arpa1

• Posting Member
I'm pretty sure he will take some fat from there while he is there; if not I will look ridiculous ???

I will for sure post post of pics very soon.

Offline MA1980

• Posting Member
Hi guys,,,,,  GOOD NEWS

I had same case as yours>> specially arpa1

I had my surgery 2 months ago. I did only lipo, overall happy and feel more free as I like to go for shopping more now, wear kind of body t-shirts ;) eventhough I have little sug but as my PS said it needs couple of months more to see final results

I know my pictures would help you allot and it would make you confident

just wait for them soon

good look

Offline arpa1

• Posting Member
Nice to hear...I'm currently writting to you from the hotel room; it's 1am and I have to be at the hospital at 9am; so let's say that I am quite anxious to make it the morning already and I am not sleepy.

Just to make sure, I set-up the room alarm, have a wake-up call with the front desk and have my cell phone set-up with 3 alarms that ring 3 times each, so I should be up with 11 alarm bells. I Just want to make sure I get to that operating table...I feel ;D  and like in a dream right now...

Anyways I'll let you all know how it went and will take pictures once I can.

Offline mannyman742

• Silver Member
I assume surgery is done, how'd it go? Good luck with recovering, you'll only get happier and happier every day now.

Offline arpa1

• Posting Member
That's right Mannyman; done and done.  ;D

I had the surgery scheduled on Oct 1, 2008 at the St-Joseph Health center (30 Queensway). Came to Toronto from Montreal via train and stayed at the Four points Sheraton on 1926 Lake shore (paid 100+tax) (overall good deal; clean hotel and pretty good resto; service is excellent). I had Called Leslie a day before as requested and she told me to be there at 9:00am and register at the surgical registration booths. So I took a taxi there from the hotel (5 minute ride max cost me with a tip $10) basically once I got to the 2nd floor surgical registration booths I filled out a few documents; signed them (took 15 minutes). Then they immediately sent me to the waiting room where they told me to put on a gown and some shoe covers.

I waited in this waiting room for approx 3 hours which included a health assessment, measurements...and questionnaire with a nurse. Waiting in this room was probably the most boring part of the whole process. They actually have National Geo mags of 1979-1982. Surprisingly the older magazines are in better shape than the new ones (e.i. 1998).

At 12 approx, a lady came by; called my name and while strolling along told me to leave my belongings in some rack inside a bag they give you and took me to the surgery room; I went in the op room and there were approx 4-5 people prepping the room including the anesth... then came in Dr. Fielding ready to go with his mask on, he said hi and spoke some French and made markings on my chest and armpit fat area, took pics and then introduced me to Dr. McCarthy (Anestassia)...she inserted an IV and told me to breath some oxygen (which is oxygen but I guess reacts to the liquids in the IV); anyways she immediately told me to lay down...and that is all I could remember...

I woke up at about 1:45pm (I think) at the post op room and nurses took me to my room. My chest did not hurt at all at this point. During my stay overnight from 3:pm-10:00am the next day; I had nurses come in the room every 4 hours for health tests. they fed me dinner, a snack and breakfast, and Dr. Fielding resident doctors passed by twice to see the results. Dr. Fielding also passed by to tell me everything went very well. The pain was bearable (stingy feeling) but nothing major...just uncomfortable. I did not take any pills (Tylenol 3) until the next day Oct 2nd because I was also having a headache and soreness started getting annoying.

Based on my discussions with the resident Doctors and Dr. Fielding they removed approx 700cc of fat via lipo and removed glands that were quite big.

Emotionally I did not cry or anything...at least not yet; although I am very grateful to everyone that made this happen. I am sure that they did their best so that I get the best results possible; I will send my Dr.  and his team a card soon. During the night (which was horrible for sleep) did think about the trouble my gyne has created during my life (started at 9yo) and was still enjoying the moment of the beginning of the end of my moobs. I also thought of how lucky I am to be able to afford the surgery and have the best working on me.Also, almost forgot I would like to thank the creator(s) of this forum which was invaluable to getting info on my condition, the fixes and process of making life better. Also, thanks to Grampa Bamboo for all the info he provided to the site.

I will post some pics soon and will eventually make a collage of the progress.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 05:14:54 PM by arpa1 »

Offline losernumber1

• Posting Member
Congrats for going through with it. Show pics asap.

Offline hideaway

That looks exactly as mine, hairy and everything. Please let me know how the op went, maybe we could see some pictures. What worries me is if I do an OP how will it affect the hair on my chest. I look like a monkey now and what I mean is that maybe some parts around scars or whatever will be hair free. That would look strange dont you agree.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024