Author Topic: 17 Yr old male with gyno  (Read 3866 times)

Offline Weightlifter2009

Hello guys guys iv been strugling with gyno (noticibly) for about 3 years now. I am currently 17, 18 in one more month. I like to workout alot which is probably making my gyno more noticable since the pecs can push out the tissue. Heres some pics of what i am currently dealing with. I have talked with my father about it and we are going to be getting surgery. I am just searching for the best surgeon, I live in florida. So somewhere in florida or surrounding states. If there are no good ones there wouldnt be a problem in flying out of state. But i would perfer somewhere around here.

Offline ineedsurgery

• Bronze Member
Dr. Pope...hes in orlando. i live in south florida, about 3-4hrs from his office and will be having my surgery with him once i get my money together

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Yes, Dr. Pope in Orlando, Florida.

His reputation reaches far. He is fully aware of everything you are going through. He is one of us and has had the surgery himself.

I am in Southern California.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Weightlifter2009

just protein and creatine. Iv used hormonal stuff recently. But iv had gyno ever since i first started working out

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Weightlifter2009,

Dr. Pope here.  Yes, you definitely appear to have gynecomastia, and it looks in a couple of photos like you have asymmetry - your left side larger than your right.  The images may be reversed in a mirror.  Do you feel firm gland tissue behind the nipples?  You most likely need a combination of gland excision and liposuction.  You have a little extra weight in the mid-section.  In cases like this, some chest fat should be left, in order to keep a balance between the chest and the abdominal wall.  If you drop a little weight, you'll lose some chest wall as well as abdominal wall fat.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Weightlifter2009

well my nipples are puffy so behind the puffines, when i flex my chest i can actually pinch the glands which appear to be pretty big. and yes i do beleive my left is larger than my right. i plan on cutting body fat, as low to where u can see my abs. then plan on getting the surgery. that way i can most likely have more optimal results, since i am going for the bodybuilding look. the puffy nipples are deffinantly messing up the look i want, im hopeing to have a more round chest appearance with flat nipples. Think you can help me out here Dr. Pope? I live in jacksonville.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 11:18:05 PM by Weightlifter2009 »

• Supporting Doctors
Sure.  I've recently had a J'ville patient come down for gynecomastia surgery.  I ideally like to see a patient at initial consultation, then at a preop visit a week or two before the surgery.  I usually combine the first two visits into one for out of town patients.  I can have my office email you a quote for the surgery, based on your history and photos.  The financial quote is subject to change, only if something about your exam at office consultation makes me change the surgical plan.  (Doesn't happen often). 

If you PM me your email address and name, I can have the office email your quote to you.  Then it's just a matter of setting up a preop consultation and surgery date.

For out of town/state/country patients, I try to keep the postop appointments to a minimum.

Since Jacksonville is fairly close, you can drive down the morning of surgery.  I would book you as my second or third case of the day.  You would only need to stay one night in town after surgery, either at a hotel if you travel here with someone, or in my operative suite if you travel down alone.  Someone needs to be with you that night of surgery, since you will have been under a general anesthetic.

I have a special hotel rate for my patients who fly into Orlando, at the Hyatt Regency inside the Orlando International Airport, $119 per night.  If you're driving in, I can set you up at another hotel.  My office is pretty close to the airport.

Feel free to PM me as needed with questions.

Dr. Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
BTW, you need to wait until your December birthday if you're driving down for your consultation alone.  Otherwise, I need a parent with you to consent for exam, etc.

GP

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024