Author Topic: P90X DOES IT WORK??  (Read 22742 times)

Offline braveboy

• Gold Member
  • formerly shyboy
Has anyone tried this 90 day workout??

Offline Aperture

• Silver Member
I haven't done it all and do a few exercise from it every other day and it definitely does work. It's a solid and pretty intense work out.  Have a nice cardio workout to go with it and you'll have some serious abs if you stick with it.

Offline aiden

• Posting Member
P90X isn't your average get slim quick gimmick.  The workouts are INTENSE and if you do follow them, I can guarantee that you WILL see some changes.

Offline AliasRyan

hello all.. im really new here.
mind to share me which exercise works? i am really interested.

thanks in advance

Offline braveboy

• Gold Member
  • formerly shyboy
'im starting my journey today with p90x ,i will keep you posted

Offline braveboy

• Gold Member
  • formerly shyboy
hey guys,all i can say is WOW,,,,,if you want to get in shape and become an over all fitter person with loosing body fat this is for you.I"m in my 3rd week and i"ve never been chalenged like this before and i"ve been working out for the past 7 years on and off.i highly recommend this program,see yea

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
you got me, I'm gonna check it out!

Offline braveboy

• Gold Member
  • formerly shyboy
yea a great calorie burner according to my heart rate monitor that i wear ,I burn around 1000 calories every work out.

Offline charlie1821

• Posting Member
I am doing it right now actually. On my second week. I've definitely already noticed increase tone in my abs and arms, but don't expect this to cure gyne, especially if you have glands etc, only hormones/surgery will get rid of that.

However if you have purely fat in your gyne then you may have better luck. But I'm mainly doing this so that when my gyne is finally taken care of I will be back in the same shape I was in 2 years ago before I finally realized that NOTHING I did in the gym would make my gyne go away and  I basically gave up.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I am doing it right now actually. On my second week. I've definitely already noticed increase tone in my abs and arms, but don't expect this to cure gyne.

Nothing 'Cures' Gynecomastia...

The only proven way to get rid of G is surgical removal...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Just purchased the P90X kit from ebay. NIB with all original discs and manuals. $97 US.  :)
The seller is local to me here in Ontario, Canada. They have 5 more at this price if anyone is interested!
There are quite a few P90X kits being sold on ebay. A popular item for sure!

Before I checked out ebay, I went to the P90X site and they are selling it fot $120 + $20 shipping + $15 (Canadian) expedited shipping via UPS (all funds in USD). They are offering free 4-6 day expedited shipping for their US customers. I chatted online with a site rep and she told me that for Canadian customers, expedited shipping would not be free...  What's up with that? They just lost a sale! I know I am splitting hairs here, but if you offer for one, you should offer for all... within reason of course. I Saved $57 US ($70 CND) by purchasing on ebay!

I'm all excited now... Can't wait to get started!  ;D

GB
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 04:08:50 PM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline charlie1821

• Posting Member
This workout seriously kicks your ass. Don't expect to keep up with them the first few weeks, really.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

A tough workout is it?

GB

Offline charlie1821

• Posting Member
A tough workout is it?

GB

That's an understatement, yeah it is.

Make sure you have weights (varying weight) and a pull up bar, or resistance band with door attachment in place of a pull up bar.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I have a half-decent treadmill (PaceMaster - Platinum Pro VR) for cardio, a bench and some free weights. No pull-up bar though. I buy one soon.

I read a review that states the P90X is not for those wanting to loose more than 15 pounds. In other words, you should be in fairly good physical shape to start off with. However, I am 240 pounds at the moment  :o  and have quite a ways to go. Guess I'll just have to take it very slow at first and once I get into better shape, I can then go full-throttle...  ;)

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024