Author Topic: Surgery Tommorrow  (Read 3252 times)

Offline hehateme

• Posting Member
[img]
Well i posted these pics awhile back and got mixed reviews. But when it came down to it, i know that i could not go another summer like this. So tommorrow is the big day. I'm trying to psych myself up, so I'm not as nervous. But i have never had any surgery, so i don't know what to expect.

Any last minute advice, and information on your first week after surgery would be appreciated. Here are my old pics.

Offline hehateme

• Posting Member

Well the surgery went great. I woke up feeling like i just had 10 beers, it felt like a really good buzz. Now I'm in a bulky vest, that i can't take off for 24 hrs. I'm hoping to take pictures after i take it off.

My only concern so far is if they took enough out. He said that i had gland tissue, but said he would start with Lipo, then the excision, and more lipo if needed. However, he said that the lipo was good enough, that he didn't want to remove any more gland in case it would make the nipple area concave. So right now its just the waiting until i can really see it. They let me see my chest after, and it looked better, but maybe still a little puffy on the left side which was the worse. But for those who may be nervous about surgery, don't worry. I know i only had lipo, but after 4 hours i have still not took a pain pill. I will update with pics as soon as i can.

Offline hehateme

• Posting Member

Day 2....The pain is worse today. I also looked at my chest, and my nipples still look puffy. So I'm kinda worried. But i hope its just the swelling. Looking through some of the posts, some have said it will look worse before it looks better. Has anyone here has this happen to them? I Have to go back after a week for my post surgery consultation, and I'm pissed that the doctor did not do the excision.

Can you get rid of the gland with just lipo? Please give me some info.

thanks

Offline jls187

• Posting Member
I don't think you can get rid of the gland with just lipo (from what I've read on these boards).  I can tell you that my nipples still look a little bad at 3 weeks, but I'm healing.  It takes months, not days for everything to settle down.

I hope you're feeling better.

Offline hehateme

• Posting Member
I don't think you can get rid of the gland with just lipo (from what I've read on these boards).  I can tell you that my nipples still look a little bad at 3 weeks, but I'm healing.  It takes months, not days for everything to settle down.

I hope you're feeling better.

Thanks for your responce, and concern. I'm feeling much better after my follow up with my doctor after the first week. I told him that i was concerned about my results, and he told me that yes it is the swelling. However he feels you can always take a little more if needed, but you can't put it back. He did not want to make a incision, under my nipple just to find out that he didn't need to take anymore. He assured me that during the surgery he sat me up, and my chest looked completely flat. 

Although i agreed with you as well, at first, that excision is the only way to removed the gland, i have found some who have only used lipo. He told me he used a more aggressive lipo, and it shreds the glandular tissue. Either way as you mentioned i will just have to keep waiting. That is why i have not posted my "after" pictures. I don't want to discourage anyone from having surgery, since my swelling is not showing a good result. My chest looks noticeably different, and now i just have to wait for the result i want.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Good luck with the healing. Keep us posted on your progress.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024