Author Topic: "Just have to live with it"  (Read 4015 times)

Offline Jerry_Bell

• Posting Member
Hello,

I am a "straight" male and have been living with my breast enlargement for several years.  I am married and have a lovely wife who is very understanding about this.
My doctors have told me that past surgeries and my present medications have caused this enlargement.  The medication, is some that I must take and can not discontinue. So, He and She told me that I must "just live with it" or have surgery to remove them.  I can not afford this or do I wish to go through this at my age.
I have been wearing a bra, size B cup for a while now and have found that this gives me a lot of comfort to hold them up and the pain in my nipples.

If you have to "just live with it" let me hear from you.
I wear loose fitting shirts to try and cover up!!!!, but always feel "someone watching me"
I try to not let this bother me, but sometimes it does.
Have a great day.....

Jdb

Offline TOLDFT

• Posting Member
I too have decided to "live with it", at least for the foreseeable future.  Like you, I have limited options to the contrary.

It's good to hear from others, thanks for the post.

Offline There_Is_Hope

• Bronze Member
Finance it. Get a loan. Something. If it's bothering you, you need to get rid of it ASAP. The mental implications are not worth it (constantly feeling like you're being watched)/

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Finance it. Get a loan. Something. If it's bothering you, you need to get rid of it ASAP. The mental implications are not worth it (constantly feeling like you're being watched)/

I agree.  Probably none of our business, but would you mind sharing with the other board members what surgery and meds caused you to have gyne?

Also, why would you want to "hold them up" with a bra.  Doesn't a bra accentuate the breasts in a way that lifts and basically makes them look bigger than they are.   :-/

Why wouldn't you want to wear some type of compression garment to push them down and make them look more flat?

Offline Jerry_Bell

• Posting Member
This a reply to your message about some questions that you had with my post on "Just have to live with it"

I have had testicle problems for many years, swelling, pain, etc.  I would take anti-botics and it would help for a while.  In 1993, both testicles swelled and my left one had to be removed.  The urologist finally discovered that I had a tumor (not cancerous) causing this growth. He removed my left testicle.  He left the right one, but it no longer could produce any testosterone because it also had been swelling.  No tumor was discovered in it, but the doctor could not tell me why it no longer was any good for me.  I wish he would have taken it off too, because I still have pain and some swelling with it.
I did not go on a replacement therapy program with testosterone.  It was expensive and I could not afford it.
My breasts were somewhat large even before all this happened.  They began to grow some.  My internal medicine doctor told me that this growth was caused by no testosterone being produced.  I also take two medications,  Efflexxor and Neurontin.  Both can cause enlarged breasts in men.  My doctor feels like that I do need to continue taking this medication.
About 8 months ago, I started a rigourous testosterone replacement therapy.  This also has led to some breast growth.
You also asked, "Why hold them up" By wearing a bra and supporting my breasts, it has helped so much with the pain and discomfort.  I can not hardly stand even touching them at times.  Rubbing or chaffing in my shirt is not good also.  I tryed to "suppress" them, but this only added to the discomfort and sometimes just plain old pain..
I hope that I have explained about your questions and that it will help others...
Have a great day....
jdbell

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I see.  You weren't producing any testosterone so your body had no balance or what I call defense against all that estrogen.  

Interesting.

Thank God that tumor wasn't cancerous.

Efflexxor?  Is that a drug for seizures?

Do you foresee a day when you can have surgery?  Or maybe you don't even want it.  :)

Offline Jerry_Bell

• Posting Member
Good morning,

Thanks for your reply to my message.  I am also thankful that I did not have cancer.  The thought always went through my mind until the surgery.  I plan to live with my condition at the present.  I do not go swimming or other things where I would need to pull off my clothing.  I will do the best I can.  My wife says that what others think about my situation (if they find out) does not matter to her. So we will battle this together. Hope that you too will be able to find some peace if you do not elect surgery.  Surgery seems so drastic to me..I just don't want to do it....

Have a great day....jdbell

Offline Jerry_Bell

• Posting Member
Forgot something:

Efflexxer is a anti-depressant.  It has been a great help to me...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024