Author Topic: Your opinion welcome - mild case or over-reaction?  (Read 7085 times)

Offline Pacific_Paddler

Firstly, a little about me – 33 years old, 176cm tall, 78kgs.  An active sportsperson with relatively low BMI.  I run and swim quite a lot.  I also lift weights but have never used steroids.  I don’t smoke pot.

I have always (since a child) been “fleshy” across the chest.  You will see from the photos below that, in some, my nipples are nicely firm.  This is when they’ve just been “chilled” – e.g. in the water or from sweating.  Most of the time however they’re annoyingly puffy.  These are the lower sequence of photos.

I am aware that, at worst, my situation could never be described as more than “mild”.  However, I’m still curious.  Even when I cut like hell, by doing a lot of cardio and taking diuretics, the puffiness never wholly vanishes.  

What are your opinions, and what are my options?  Thanks in advance.

These are the "good" ones:

And now for the not-so-good ones:

This last is a bit of a mix - looks OK, but still a bit of puffiness.  As you can see, I was reasonably cut at this time - but still a little puffy:

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Wait till Blatino sees these pics.  He'll start foaming at the mouth.

Pacific - You haven't posted enough for me to believe that you honestly think you have gyne.

If you think your nips stick out too far, contact a PS.  There's a procedure they do where they basically numb you up and take some scissors and snip off the tip of your nips.  After it heals, they will look flatter.

Still, I vote - No gyne.  
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 10:41:38 PM by jc71 »

Offline Spleen

You almost couldn't have a better physique.  You clearly put a lot of effort in to your appearance so maybe you're just over evaluating.  Anyway, you're beyond normal; supernormal is more like it.  Wouldn't spend another second thinking about gynecomastia.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
Honestly, sometimes when I see pictures like these I think they're coming on the boards just to taunt us  :-[
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline disarm

• Posting Member
well like everyone else said, I think your chest looks normal... or better than normal... pretty developed.. as far as the nips they aren't puffy at all. its normal for your nips to shrink when you get cold. relax and don't go looking for unnecessary surgery costs and scars since you don't need it.  your areolas and nips are like that because of genetics. they're pointy cuz you got it from your parents' genes. having the nips point out like that the "lil cylinders" is normal and if they bother u they can be surgically removed I don't see the reason why anyone would want to do that... oh well :P
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 10:01:11 PM by disarm »

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Dude, you should be worrying about those Speedos, not your chest.  :o ;)
etc.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
but on another note, this guy knows full well that his chest looks fine...he has a typical male chest.. i say he DID  post those to taunt those who REALLY do have gyne    

>:( :-/ >:(

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
There's an awful lot of people who would give anything to look like your no-so-good pics. In fact I might snip one of them to paste on my gym wall as inspiration.

Let's put it this way, no-one with gyne would even dream of wearing a rucksack without a shirt.

And lose of the nip hair dude!  ::) If the thought of shaving round the nips worries you use some hair removal cream.
Pics | Op 3/6/05 Mr Paul Levick

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
GIVE ME A FUVKIN BREAK MAN ARE U KIDDING ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
i finally feel like im a man

Offline Pacific_Paddler

Firstly I'd like to say that I appreciate the responses.  My initial question was "mild case or over-reaction?"  I am reassured by the general tone of discussion that it is the latter (i.e. over-reaction) rather than the former.

I would like to clarify a couple of points.  Firstly, I certainly am not here to "taunt" anyone!  Body image is a strange, complex and above all personal thing.  I was worried about mine, and sought guidance from the best source I knew.

Secondly, my concern is not the first sequence of photos - which of course I am very happy with.  Rather, it is the mild "puffiness" around the nipple that concerns me (second sequence of photos).  I don't know why this is caused, nor if there is a solution.  It never fully vanishes, even after ruthless cutting (cardio and diuretics).  

If this is not gyne, what is it and why?  Other men seem to have firm, crisp nipples - whereas mine remain stubbornly puffy unless first "chilled".

Finally, good points about the nipple hair... and the Speedos!

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
The puffiness may be some glandular tissue, but the amount is probably so small that you might have difficulty getting any surgical correction. If there were a lot of gland you wouldn't be able to get to the condition in the first set of pics - the gland would be prominent.

I'm guessing (and it is a guess, I'm no doctor!) you have a little gland there, and at some point in the past this has attracted fat deposits. Like breast tissue does! When you get ripped you shrink the fat cells down and your problem dissappears. Put on weight and the fat cells balloon out.

I guess lipo would be an option if you don't plan to stay ripped all the time, or maybe the fat jobs which are recknoed to deal with small local fat cell deposits which don't warrant lipo.

Good luck!

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
I join the others in what they say. You don't have to worry about gyne cause you don't have it. I wouldn't be ashamed to sport this chest at all and I wouldn't ask myself questions either. You've got a nice chest which is muscular. Don't be ashamed of, mate ! About the puffy nipples, they may be kind of puffy but nothing that would make me worry about ... Hope that helps you make up your mind.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024