Author Topic: My gyne  (Read 2308 times)

Offline chico30

• Posting Member
It seems like most of the posters here have minor gyne or just glandular tissue, but I wanted to get your opinion regarding my gyne(combination of more fat and some tissue). I'm 6'3 185 I had an ultrasound done and getting a referral to see Dr.Gelfant here in Vancouver, BC. It seems like there are no competent surgeons West of Fielding or Lista in Canada. Anywho, I appreciate your honest remarks

Offline chico30

• Posting Member
106 views and no replies or opinions? lol

Offline wickedturbo

• Posting Member
lol i know how you feel im trying to get some advice or opinions and didnt get to much feedback in my thread either

from what i see you do appear to have a minor case that could go either way meaning you should get surgery or your alright without it
i guess it comes down to wheather or not your comfortable without surgery or not if i seen you out in public without a shirt you wouldnt stand out as having man boobs or anything like that so it comes down to wheather or not your comfortable without surgery or not

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
I think you have some moderate gyne there. The enlarged nipples is at least one sign that there could be some abnormal amount of gland back there.

I'm in Vancouver as well. I'm booked for surgery with Dr. Fielding (yea I know... had to jump the bandwagon). I talked with Dr. Gelfants office (as well as many others) before making my decision. His staff quoted me $6000 over the phone, they said it could be more depending on the case. I don't remember exactly but he didn't have much experience with this surgery.

You're right though, no one in the lower mainland has any worthwhile experience with gynecomastia surgery. In fact Fielding and Lista are heads and tails above everyone else in the country.

It wasn't an easy decision but I went with Fielding b/c not only the experience but the added cost of traveling is still lower than most in Vancouver (there are PS's like Dr. Mian and Lee who work out of public hospitals so are cheaper but still highly inexperienced).

However, if you're getting referred to Gelfant by your GP and the excision part of the surgery gets covered, you may have a good option available there.

Keep us updated with your progress. You can also get a lot of Canadian specific help by posting in the Canada forums.

Offline chico30

• Posting Member
Thanks for the replies. I think my gyne looks a lot worse in person than in these pictures, and i am very sure it would be evident in public without a shirt on. I contacted Kerluke in North Vancouver and his RN said that he does about 1 of these procedures a week. I hope I can get the MSP covered excision from Gelfant and just pay for the lipo rather than flying out of province, but it seems like lol nothing is easy in my life or anyone who has gynecomastia.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024