Author Topic: over developed chest muscle, do you think surgery might help  (Read 5361 times)

Offline dbphil

• Posting Member
here is one photo. it would only except one. check next post for another. I had a consult this week.  I have always had over developed pecs. I also have a crooked sternum. it protrudes out a little on the left side. i know the surgery wont help the sternum. but I wonder if enough gland can be cut out to make a difference in my chest. any opinions would be appreciated
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 11:22:33 PM by dbphil »

Offline trojan213

• Bronze Member
Hey dude, definitely think you would benefit from surgery.

From the pic, it looks like your situation is similar to mine. Developed pecs, but fat/glad hanging at the bottom.

My guess is that your pecs are not "over-developed" or at least not as much as you think. Your chest would probably look pretty great after surgery.

Not a doctor, but hope this helps....

Offline dbphil

• Posting Member
hey thanks for the input. The thing is when I flex and try to grab fat, I cannot really grab any thing ,did u have the surgery
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 02:08:14 AM by dbphil »

Offline DrCALOCA

• Posting Member
    • www.gynecomastiamexico.com
WITHOUT A DOUBT, YOU CAN BENEFIT FROM SUSRGERY. YOU CAN SURELY PINCH AT LEAST AN INCH OF TISSUE. THE REASON THAT YOU CAN PINCH, BUT WITH DIFFICULTY IS THAT AT YOUR AGE, THE TISSUE IS MAINLY GLAND AND NOT FAT. I AM A DR. SO I SUGGEST SURGERY. FEEL FREE TO VISIT MY WEBSITE WWW.DRCALOCA.COM
Dr.Dr.Jaime Caloca Jr.
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
(619) 734-2290 -www.drcaloca.com

Offline trojan213

• Bronze Member
hey thanks for the input. The thing is when I flex and try to grab fat, I cannot really grab any thing ,did u have the surgery

I'm saving for surgery. I've been hitting the gym hard and have relatively low body fat (8-10%), so when I pinch my chest, I can clearly delineate gland/fat vs. muscle.

You should be able to pinch something when you flex. Try using just your thumb and index finger and move along the contour of your lower chest. If you post some more pics, we could get a better view.

Cheers

Offline anon643

• Posting Member

Offline kingboob

WITHOUT A DOUBT, YOU CAN BENEFIT FROM SUSRGERY. YOU CAN SURELY PINCH AT LEAST AN INCH OF TISSUE. THE REASON THAT YOU CAN PINCH, BUT WITH DIFFICULTY IS THAT AT YOUR AGE, THE TISSUE IS MAINLY GLAND AND NOT FAT. I AM A DR. SO I SUGGEST SURGERY. FEEL FREE TO VISIT MY WEBSITE WWW.DRCALOCA.COM

No offense, but being a doctor trying to sell services you would say surgery is the best option.

I think this guy has a very normal looking chest. Without meaning to be rude; you have a slight belly roll and so I think if the over all size is a concern then losing 5 to 10lbs  will probably help you achieve a flatter chest.    .......

But honestly I think your chest looks normal /average, you don't have breasts!  By having surgery you could be swapping one problem (if you can call it that)  with another, IE: Scars, lumpiness, risks of concave nipples etc.   Plus most surgeons don't seem to be able to correct asymetry, so if your sternum is crooked then surgery will not help, and could even highlight the problem MORE!

Offline dbphil

• Posting Member

Offline KL

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024