Author Topic: Gland excision diary - with pics  (Read 9059 times)

Offline puffynips0-

• Bronze Member
Up until now, I have had a mammogram, and ultrasound.

These tests basically showed that I did not have cancer, and the amount of excessive tissue that was there.

The results have been sent to a surgeon.  I will visit him tomorrow for consultation, and see what he has to say.

My problem is mostly puffy nipples, so I'm going to mention to him that gland excision is the method that I want to take.

The funny thing is, I don't know too much about this Doctor.  I hope he has experience in this area.

I'll post the results of the consultation tomorrow.

Picture Updates Will Be Posted Here
============================

Before

2 days after op.

3 days post op - side profile

3 days post op - left nipple

3 days post op - right nipple
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 05:43:01 AM by puffynips0- »

Offline puffynips0-

• Bronze Member
So I saw the surgeon today.

He had already seen my test results, so he had a good idea of what needed to be done.  

Nonetheless, I took off my shirt, he took a look at the problem.

I explained that it was my nipples that bothered me the most.

I also told him about these forums, and that it seemed to be a general opinion that gland excision was necessary to best correct the puffy nipples.

He said that was mainly my problem.  And there wasn't much of anything else to be removed.

He said, that there was a possibility of having a bit of an inverted nipple immediately following the surgery, but he also expressed confidence that the job would be done well without scarring.  

He also mentioned a possibility that the breasts would not be completely symetric with each other (right and left), but it if so, it probably would not be noticeable.

He said that I would not need a compression vest.  He said that he found with his patients, that after 1 month the results are the same, and not wearing alleviates the soreness and bruising during that time.

I asked him if he had performed this surgery on many patients with gynecomastia, and he said yes.

I asked him if I could see before and after pictures, and he said no because he is not a plastic surgeon.

And a surgeon such as himself does not normally take such pictures to share with their patients.

All in all, I had a good feeling about him.   The fact that he is not a plastic surgeon may make it easier to convince my insurance company to pay.

They will call me in a week to schedule the operation.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 09:28:00 AM by puffynips0- »

Offline puffynips0-

• Bronze Member
Nurse called me today.  Told me that my surgery is scheduled for June 27th, and that I will receive a phone call closer to that date with further instructions.

Finally, the day is arriving.

Offline disarm

• Posting Member
eek... are you sure u want to go under the knife if you haven't seen his work on prior patients? I be careful about getting surgery without seing before and after pictures... there aren't do overs so don't take any chances....

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
not trying to scare you but does your surgeon come highly recommeneded?  Post his name on the site and see if anyone knows who he is.  Is your surgery free?

Either way, good luck to you.  Post after your surgery.  I'm sure it will go well.  

Offline puffynips0-

• Bronze Member
The surgery was not free.  He is not a plastic surgeon and performed a bilateral mastectomy where he cut out part of the glands that were leading to the puffy nipples.  I haven't seen the results yet because I'm all bandaged up still.

I will start documenting the pictures through the healing process.

Overall, however, the surgery was very nice.  The doctors answered all my questions, and made me feel quite comfortable.

Today, I feel sore.  But nothing more than typical bruse-type soreness.

The surgeons used general anastesia, so I was completely out.

During the time I was asleep, a tube was placed down my throat to make sure I could breathe correctly durring the operation.

Ihad a bit of a soar throat when I awoke.  But that went away very quickly.

What can I say at this point?  I have nothing else to report until Friday, when I can remove the compression bandages and get my first look.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 07:06:23 AM by puffynips0- »

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
The sore throat is pretty normal I think.

Good luck for Friday - no peeking until then!
Pics | Op 3/6/05 Mr Paul Levick

Offline puffynips0-

• Bronze Member
I stopped taking my Vicodin yesterday.  I didn't think I had enough pain to require the use of that medication.  And I don't like the idea of taking medicines that are addictive, so I was anxious to stop.

However, a good 12 or so hours after taking that last pill, and my chest was burning.  I could hardly sleep last night.

The first thing I did when I woke up was take two pills.  The pain was very uncomfortable.    I don't show signs of bruising, and if there is swelling, then I'm not able to recognize it.  But the pain was certainly hiding out.

I have a follow-up appointment with my surgeon on Tuesday.  I'm anxious to hear what he has to say about the results.  

So far I'm not too pleased with them.  The right and left show some big contrasts.  My right side is flatter but has in indentation in the breast shape (not nipple-indentation.)

The left side is still puffy, and I feel a hard lump under the nipple now.

Maybe it will help to take those bandage strips off.  We'll see...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2005, 05:06:56 AM by puffynips0- »

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
    • My Diary
 :o Sorry mate, I have to say those are the largest incisions I've seen on here, I'm not surprised you're sore - I hope everything goes OK with your follow-up.

Offline Zardoz

• Silver Member
  • exciting
experimental? I wouldn't worry too much, the body has great strength in the healing of chest scars for some reason.

I have a big indent too....don't worry about that stuff, it takes like six months for your body to rebuild all that lost tissue, it's just empty, sinews of goo right now, give it time. You look great now!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2005, 11:46:28 PM by Zardoz »

Offline puffynips0-

• Bronze Member
6 days post op now, and I think the pain is increasing.  It feels as if the fluid in my breasts has built up., and that extra weight is causing some pain.

I'll tell the doctor about this tomorrow and see what he says.

He didn't really tell me what the visit was about, so perhaps he plans to drain the things.  ???

Offline puffynips0-

• Bronze Member
Saw the Doc again today.  He said that I'm swollen.  I should have expected that, but I didn't really notice it.  I guess I'll notice when my chest flattens more.

He said the fluid I have is minimal and would absorb naturally and did not need to be drained.

He noticed that my left nipple was scabbing.  He wasn't sure why but said it was nothing serious or to worry about, and that it would go away and heal just like any other scab.

Aside from that, he said the stitches were dissolving, and that I could take those thin bandage strips off next week.

He said most noticeable results would be complete over the next 7 weeks.  I'll post some final pics then.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 01:39:49 PM by puffynips0- »

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
    • My Diary
Good luck fella, don't forget to pop back with those pics!

Offline Kevin

• Bronze Member
  • Having lipo is like going to the dentist its done
Dont worry about the scabbing it should be replaced with new skin in 2 - 3 weeks time.  
Surgery with Dr. Lasa - Ph 5/21/2005 (Liposuction only) My Pictures

Offline puffynips0-

• Bronze Member
Two Weeks Post Op
Left Side

Right Side

:-X Don't know what to say at this point.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024