Author Topic: Opinions and Help Please!  (Read 3949 times)

Offline Bryan

• Posting Member
Hi everyone, I just signed up for the site and thought I would make a post to try and get some opinions and help on my condition. I am a 19 year old college student home for the summer, and I really wanted to look into a fix for my (as I believe it to be) Gynecomastia. It is something that has plagued me for a very long time. People call me skinny, but when I look in the mirror all I see are my huge fat protruding nipples and just an unattractive chest in general. I can feel these big hard lumps under both nipples which I assume are some type of gland that makes the nipples bigger and protruding. I try to avoid best I can taking my shirt off because when I do, I am completely mortified and embarrassed. I can't enjoy myself at all because I am too worried about my appearance. I feel as though it has cost me many experiences in life as well as a lot of personal pain I continue to deal with. I know it is a problem because I've had friends make fun of me, surprised to see me with such abnormally huge nipples, and really I can't think of anyone with larger nipples than myself. It's just very embarrassing and has caused a lot of self esteem issues. I can't wear a lot of the clothes I want because of the protruding nipples that I try so hard to hide. I'm going into my third year of college now and I'm just tired of hiding. I want to be comfortable with myself and I feel as though this is something that is holding me back and will always hold me back unless I fix it. I have been too embarrassed to ask anyone for help with the problem, so I this would be a good place to start. My case is pretty obvious to me, but who knows, I thought I would get some opinions on whether or not I have a problem and what I can do about it. I don't really know how to go about getting treatment, and any help or guidance would be so greatly appreciated.

Here are some pictures I just took of my chest that I hope obviously show what I'm talking about:

Full Frontal:

Closer Frontals:

Side Views:

Laying Down:

Thanks so much!

« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 06:36:28 AM by Bryan »

Offline Ninby

• Posting Member
Yeah you've got gyno, but surgery will be easier and less costly than usual coz u dont have chest fat (and thus, no need for lipo..or the surgeon might have to do a tiny bit of lipo to avoid the concaved effect around the nipples).

Offline Bryan

• Posting Member

Well you guys sound pretty confident lol. Thanks.

Is there any way insurance would cover something like this, or is that unlikely?

Offline tenncast

• Silver Member
Surgery is your answer. The only answer. You can look like a new man in just a matter of days. I've been there. You are young, be glad that you have these resources. My advice is to reach out to a good doctor who deals with this everyday. There are several that regularly visit this site and give advice.

I didn't listen the first time and went to a doctor who  said he could fix it and didn't. He used only lypo. Lypo alone is not the answer.

I had Dr Bermant in Richmond VA. do a revision surgery two years ago. And finally got that masculine chest that we all want so much

I just spent a week shirtless on the beach.  What a good feeling that is. 

Reach out to one of these doctors. Talk to them. Even if you had to put the procedure on a credit card I would go for it. Insurance is not going to pay.

You've taken a great step forward. Follow through and this whole nightmare could be over in a matter of weeks. I found the travel out of town to be very easy. The doctors will help you. They know what you are dealing with and what a pain it is.

Let me know if I can offer any further advice  You will be fine. Just do it.   

Offline Bryan

• Posting Member
Surgery is your answer. The only answer. You can look like a new man in just a matter of days. I've been there. You are young, be glad that you have these resources. My advice is to reach out to a good doctor who deals with this everyday. There are several that regularly visit this site and give advice.

I didn't listen the first time and went to a doctor who  said he could fix it and didn't. He used only lypo. Lypo alone is not the answer.

I had Dr Bermant in Richmond VA. do a revision surgery two years ago. And finally got that masculine chest that we all want so much

I just spent a week shirtless on the beach.  What a good feeling that is. 

Reach out to one of these doctors. Talk to them. Even if you had to put the procedure on a credit card I would go for it. Insurance is not going to pay.

You've taken a great step forward. Follow through and this whole nightmare could be over in a matter of weeks. I found the travel out of town to be very easy. The doctors will help you. They know what you are dealing with and what a pain it is.

Let me know if I can offer any further advice  You will be fine. Just do it.   

That is very encouraging Tenncast, and I thank you very much for all the advice. I feel like this is such a burden I have been carrying for so long and I would just do anything to lift it, so money is not really a problem. I just need to work up the balls to face it and I think I am close to finally doing that. I suppose I will look further into some of the doctors on this board, that seems to be the best option. I wouldn't mind the travel (I live in Michigan).

Offline tenncast

• Silver Member
good luck...

we all make it a bigger deal than it really is. After you are done you will find that you were anxious about nothing. I told everyone about my surgery when i returned. It some how didn't seem like such a big deal to tell everyone that you had a little work done on your "breasts" to make your "pecks" look better.

I told eveybody that i had a "little fat rearranged to make my pecks stand out more".....

Offline Bryan

• Posting Member
good luck...

we all make it a bigger deal than it really is. After you are done you will find that you were anxious about nothing. I told everyone about my surgery when i returned. It some how didn't seem like such a big deal to tell everyone that you had a little work done on your "breasts" to make your "pecks" look better.

I told eveybody that i had a "little fat rearranged to make my pecks stand out more".....

I'll probably just tell them I had cancer or something :).

DrBermant

Hi everyone, I just signed up for the site and thought I would make a post to try and get some opinions and help on my condition. I am a 19 year old college student home for the summer, and I really wanted to look into a fix for my (as I believe it to be) Gynecomastia. It is something that has plagued me for a very long time. People call me skinny, but when I look in the mirror all I see are my huge fat protruding nipples and just an unattractive chest in general. I can feel these big hard lumps under both nipples which I assume are some type of gland that makes the nipples bigger and protruding. I try to avoid best I can taking my shirt off because when I do, I am completely mortified and embarrassed. I can't enjoy myself at all because I am too worried about my appearance. I feel as though it has cost me many experiences in life as well as a lot of personal pain I continue to deal with. I know it is a problem because I've had friends make fun of me, surprised to see me with such abnormally huge nipples, and really I can't think of anyone with larger nipples than myself. It's just very embarrassing and has caused a lot of self esteem issues. I can't wear a lot of the clothes I want because of the protruding nipples that I try so hard to hide. I'm going into my third year of college now and I'm just tired of hiding. I want to be comfortable with myself and I feel as though this is something that is holding me back and will always hold me back unless I fix it. I have been too embarrassed to ask anyone for help with the problem, so I this would be a good place to start. My case is pretty obvious to me, but who knows, I thought I would get some opinions on whether or not I have a problem and what I can do about it. I don't really know how to go about getting treatment, and any help or guidance would be so greatly appreciated.

Here are some pictures I just took of my chest that I hope obviously show what I'm talking about:

Thanks so much!

Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia can be distressing to live with.  With my Dynamic Technique I target the gland first and this flattens the nipple areola projection.  Areola diameter also typically shrinks nicely as you can see in the collection of before and after surgery nipple areola galleries links below.

Puffy Nipple Areola Picture Gallery Before and After Male Breast Reduction

Nipple Areola Reduction Picture Gallery Before and After Surgery

Male Areola Reduction Picture Gallery

Nipple Areola Reduced with Surgery Gallery

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline john_loren

• Bronze Member
'll probably just tell them I had cancer or something .
r

I've been really fortunate enough not to have had cancer, but if I had I would be really pissed off by this comment.  In fact, I'm making a rare comment on this board, b/c I think your statement is offensive. Having a bit of extra chest tissue is not going to kill you, like cancer might -- in fact, you could very well go thru life with people (or those who matter, anyway) not noticing -- and there are a lot of folks out there who might even like your extra chestage, if you just looseded the F up and let them.  (My experience over time, anyway.)

Offline mrpower33

• Silver Member
I don't think it's a good idea to lie to people either.  Just don't say anything at all, it's none of their business. 

Offline Bryan

• Posting Member

John Loren, people very close to me have died of cancer. I was merely making a joke...I don't really care if you find it offensive, I'm the type of person that makes fun of anything and can laugh at anything. I'm not actually going to say I have cancer -_-. And if you think Gynecomastia has never killed anyone, I would challenge you to think again.

And the fact that you think I could just go through life without the people close to me noticing...lmao. Right. That's why the people close to me notice them all the time.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024