Author Topic: just tryin to lose fat  (Read 3453 times)

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
im currently 5'7 160lbs. i want to run at least a mile per day, maybe 2. i'm cutting out soda, and eating less junk in general (chocolate, sweets, greasy food, fast food, etc.). Combined with weight training for my upper body, is this a good routine? or is there more i can do to improve it?

Offline superduty

• Posting Member
You will lose weight that way!  Eating healthier and working out....that is what does it!  The plan to lose weight is actually quite simple, it is the discipline to actually put the plan into place that is the hard part.

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
Through the first week, I've been good. I was practically addicted to soda, but i've managed to ween myself down to one diet soda per day. I'm drinking more milk and juice, no more fast food, havent had any sweets nor have i wanted any this week. I know that diets are a lifestyle change and its difficult to do, but i hope this time i can stick with it. and the exercise routine makes me feel good. i hit the gym when my soreness is gone from the last session, then wait again till the soreness subsides :)

i feel good.

Offline confused_satisfaction

• Bronze Member
it is a life change.. but dont think about it as not being able to eat anythign you like anymore, otherwise it may seem impossible. personally, i have a 'cheat' day where i will allow myself to eat something more to my liking (without going overboard). after your cheat day, usually you will want to get right back to working out.

and for waiting to go back to the gym when your soreness subsides... may i suggest something? if you are lifting weights and stuff too.. one day, work on your arms.. the next day your arms will be sore so you work on your legs.. the next day work on your back or something.. maybe one of those days have a cardio day. by the time you get back to your arms, they should be ready to go again! i like it that way too because every day is different and not as repetitive. its like a game - after you figure out your goals (lose weight, build muscle, maintain, etc.), you develope a game plan to achieve your goals! best of luck

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024