Author Topic: How bad is my gyne?  (Read 3899 times)

Offline BadCaseGyno

• Bronze Member
1-10 Scale please. I'm 16 and have had it for a little over a year. Do I have a chance of it going away? Here are pics:
Keep in mind that this is when the nipples are cold.

13genof

The chances are GREAT that it will go away, Go to a knowledgeable Endocrinologist He can test you and see if it is just normal hormone induced gynecomastia and what the chances are of it going away!  On here you will only get opinions no one can give you a diagnoses!

8)GOOD LUCK

Offline BadCaseGyno

• Bronze Member
The chances are GREAT that it will go away, Go to a knowledgeable Endocrinologist He can test you and see if it is just normal hormone induced gynecomastia and what the chances are of it going away!  On here you will only get opinions no one can give you a diagnoses!

8)GOOD LUCK

I'm fully aware of that, I just want to know opinions. I also posted in the General Talk forum awhile ago, and due to the severity of my Gyno the general consensus was that thick, glandular tissue such as this rarely goes away on its own. I've seen an endo already, and all my hormone levels are fine at the moment.

Offline frozen

• Bronze Member
I'm not an expert, but I do have gyno and I've been researching into the area for a long time. Yours look VERY similar to mine, albeit maybe a little smaller.

It looks like you have a mix of gland / fat deposit, and while you can obviously lose fat through excercise you won't ever lose the gland the same way. Like me, I think the only option for a flat chest is surgery :(
Had surgery with Dr. Karidis (London, UK) on 23rd July. Wearing tight t-shirts and looking forward to going swimming!

My experience so far & updates:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=18200.msg126755#msg126755

Pictures:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=18539.msg127741#msg127741

Offline BadCaseGyno

• Bronze Member
Hmmm, my endo seems to think so, or at least he kind of thinks so. "These things usually go away on their own" were his words. Then again, he is the one who told me that touching or playing with the gynecomastia would result in growth. Anyway, my mom wants me to wait at least 6 months for it to go before surgery. I'm seeing another doc soon and well go from there.

And why doesn't anyone want to rate it on the one to ten scale? Is it really that bad?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 12:38:29 AM by BadCaseGyno »

13genof

Seems that you hae your mind set on having surgery,  GOOD LUCK & ENJOY!!!

8)Good Luck kid you're goin need it!

Offline frozen

• Bronze Member
Well you've got your arms raised up in both pictures which I know myself is a great trick to make those moobs look smaller  ;) But the more I look at the pictures the more I think "Man, those look exactly like mine"

I wouldn't take it personally that people aren't rating you on a scale of 1-10, a lot of people don't like to do that as it's a rather arbitrary method of assessing someone’s chest!

If you're really after a 1-10 I would say you're about 5/10 (there are people with smaller moobs than you, but there are also people with far, far bigger ones!)

I started developing my moobs a little younger than you, around 13 or so I recon? I was as thin as a stick when I was a young lad. I'm 19 now, and in the past 4 years or so my chest hasn't changed whatsoever. Diets, cardio, heavy weight training, nothing has helped, they're still the same and totally not in proportion to the rest of my body..

I don't want to upset you or anything, but from what I've seen on this forum and from the research I've done I don't think you can turn a chest like yours or mine into a flat chest without surgery.

So talk to your parents, have a think about whether your chest upsets you enough for you to do something about it. I've decided that I really don't want to live with it anymore so I'm thinking about surgery. Need to talk to my parents and decide whether I really want to spend £4000 of my savings on it...

Offline thetodd

16 is a bit to young to be considering surgery mate your hormones havent really settled

If you are set on surgery, find a good surgeon and just prepare for the worst because surgery isnt a smooth process. Its stressfull and the next day you take off your vest and poof your gynes gone. But then the swelling kicks in and the discomfort from surgery and then scar tissue forms.

I dont want to put you off surgery, because i done it and it changed my life. But at 16 you really are a bit young!
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline BadCaseGyno

• Bronze Member
16 is a bit to young to be considering surgery mate your hormones havent really settled

If you are set on surgery, find a good surgeon and just prepare for the worst because surgery isnt a smooth process. Its stressfull and the next day you take off your vest and poof your gynes gone. But then the swelling kicks in and the discomfort from surgery and then scar tissue forms.

I dont want to put you off surgery, because i done it and it changed my life. But at 16 you really are a bit young!

Fair enough. I just bought a compression suit and am going to wait for surgery, however I'm probably going to have it before next summer.

I've gone through surgery before. I had a giant mole on my forehead in the seventh grade that invited all kinds of teasing. The surgery was just as, maybe more extreme than gyne surgery, so I've been though the whole plastic surgery thing before.

anonymous1

Dude your pics do look alot like mine when I was a scrawnier at about age 15 haha.  Good luck with the other docs!

Offline Cole1992

• Bronze Member
  • Got that problem off my chest :) (pun intended)
Looks norm to me.

Nice phone btw, I got the same one.
R.I.P. Gyno 2004-2009 :) Good Riddance. Pics here: http://s714.photobucket.com/albums/ww150/Cole1992/

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024