Author Topic: puffy nipple surgery t-minus 14 days!!!  (Read 9039 times)

Offline nipplevision

• Silver Member
Hi,

This is my first post on the forum.
Just wanted to tell you guys that I'm undergoing surgery on July 8th... I'm pretty nervous and of course I hope that all will go well - have read many horror stories on the internet!
The surgeon will do some lipo + take out the biggest part of the gland (not the complete gland because it would leave a crater according to the PS). I'm not fat, I'd say I'm pretty muscular, with some fat around the edges  ;). My height is 6ft. and I weigh 233 pounds. I work out 3x a week and my benchpress is for example 330 pounds.
The surgeon also said that it is common practice to do lipo with an excision. I trust him on that one.

I've had this problem since puberty and it never went away (and yes, more than 10 years ago, a doctor promised me it would). I'm 27 by the way.
It took me a long time to find out that gyno was a common problem among men. I always thought I was a freak with big, protruding nipples. I found it easier to deal with the problem knowing that many others had the same. However, after visiting many websites, I decided to do something about it. The occasional nipple twist, big shirt, etc... just didn't cover up the problem as much as I wanted it to.

Went to a PS to talk about the problem. He has experience with gynaecomastia patients, and he made me feel like he did it many times before. He also showed me some post op pics of other patients. It drives me nuts thinking about the risks and the possible disappointment after surgery, but on the other hand, I just want to have this sh*t removed. I train hard 3 times a week to have a muscular body, but I can't even wear tight shirts or go to the beach. Writing about it makes me feel more pathetic as a matter of fact.

So just so you guys know - surgery July 8th. Wish me luck!

Will post some pre-op pics soon. You be the judges but nobody can deny that I have a problem!
It's like your mom or your girlfriend telling you "people don't even notice, it's all in your head". They DO notice!

grtz

Offline mike227

• Posting Member
your story is identical to mine but im only 17 almost 18. I hate it soo much because I just want to go to the beach and swim with my friends and I feel like ive wasted 3 years of my life I cant imagain what you feel like. Thats great to here your getting surgery let me know how it goes and good luck!

Offline nipplevision

• Silver Member
your story is identical to mine but im only 17 almost 18. I hate it soo much because I just want to go to the beach and swim with my friends and I feel like ive wasted 3 years of my life I cant imagain what you feel like. Thats great to here your getting surgery let me know how it goes and good luck!

Did you get surgery? Or are you planning to?
It didn't really bother me enough to make me feel bad, but since I've read tons of info on the topic, it started to irritate me more. There were hundreds of occasions where I went swimming or to the beach. But always with a feeling of discomfort. It's not that I avoided swimming. I remind you that I've never been fat, only the nipples were sticking out. After a nipple twist they would go down for several minutes so then I could walk around freely.

Some time ago there was an open air party near where I live. I wore my gyno compression vest underneath a plain green polo shirt (which I would NEVER wear normally). The vest did its job and I REALLY felt relieved. I thought 'so this is what it's like to live without gyno'. My confidence was way up!

Anyway thanks for reading my post and for the support.

grtz

Offline mike227

• Posting Member
Im getting surgery at the end of August. I just feel like im missing out on another summer

Offline nipplevision

• Silver Member
Im getting surgery at the end of August. I just feel like im missing out on another summer

You're only 17! There'll be plenty of gyno-free summers waiting for you!
After the operation I'll take the necessary 6 weeks of from the gym. After that I'll start working out harder than ever before and make sure that I look my best in summer 2010...

Don't worry about this summer. See it as a positive thing and a countdown to your operation.

grtz

Offline nipplevision

• Silver Member
This pic gives an idea of my body fat etc...

Offline fortslap

Thanks for posting your pictures. I am very similar to you (only 15, though, which is indeed young but still a long way from surgery). I also am naturally skinny (with some flab on my abs and hips) which makes me look even worse.

Offline nipplevision

• Silver Member
So yesterday was the big day.
Arrived at the clinic at 7.00 AM and they told me that the operation was only scheduled for 9.15 AM (first I was told 7.15 AM)
Went to my room and waited for a while, watched some TV etc...

At 9.15, two people came for me and took me to the pre-op room. There I saw the PS and he made some outlinings on my chest. After a quick talk, a nurse took me to the OR, and there was the anaesthesist. They put a needle in my hand and asked me to breathe in/out 3 times. I think I managed to get 4 deep breaths but after that I was out cold.

Woke up in the post-op room feeling very tired. Luckily I didn't feel any nausea or other discomfort.
They then took me to my room where I could rest some more. Only thing I was thinking about was eating and going home. The nurse got me some sandwiches, pudding, and a soft drink. This really made me feel better.

At this moment, I'm having these drains come out the sides of my body. They feel quite uncomfortable + the compression vest adds to that.
I slept in another bed last night because I was scared something would happen to the drains (me, my girlfriend & the baby sleep in the same bed).
Got plenty of sleep but woke up a lot more than usual. Had to go to the toilet maybe 4 times, which is more than usual. Now my throat aches but I guess that's caused by the machinery in the clinic to keep me breathing.

Took a few looks at my chest from above, behind my compression vest and for the moment, all looks flat :-)
Haven't been able to check it in the mirror though...
This afternoon, a nurse is coming to my house to help cleaning the wounds and to empty the drains. Not looking forward to that but it's a must!
Took some painkillers yesterday and today also. The pain is not extreme but you know it's there and every move reminds you of it. Buy hey, it's not every day that they open your nipples, cut gland out and also suck out some fat...

The PS took out 575CCs of fat, and cut out 12gr of gland on the right side and 17gr on the left side.
He promised me to take pictures (since I insisted) but I'll only get them in a few weeks since he's leaving for a PS congress in the States tomorrow.

I'll keep you guys posted on the outcome. Please ask if there are any questions.

grtz
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 05:21:51 AM by nipplevision »

Offline nipplevision

• Silver Member
Where did you get your surgery? How much did it cost? Ive been considering the surgery for years now and am extremely nervous about going under since I never did it before. Anything that you can advise would be great. Thanks

I live in Europe, in Belgium to be precise. Prices and cost coverage are totally different here (in a positive way).
Total price would be around $1500, of which health care pays back half.
Don't be nervous about going under. I was too, but after all, it was a piece of cake. They put a needle in your hand (or arm) and you won't even know when you fell asleep. It's that fast and painless. You wake up several hours later feeling very tired. I wasn't even sick and was eating sandwiches 2 hours after I woke up.

Think about it. Recovery is not very pleasant but believe me, you won't be sorry. Just pick the right surgeon.

grtz

Offline londonlad

• Posting Member
nipplevision, was you surgery at Beaucare by any chance?

Offline nipplevision

• Silver Member
nipplevision, was you surgery at Beaucare by any chance?

No it wasn't. I came across that clinic in my search for a surgeon though.
My surgeon was a bit closer to where I live. He has his own office (for consultations and minor stuff), but he does the operation in a hospital. He and his colleague are experienced in gyno surgery.

Offline londonlad

• Posting Member
Thanks for replying!

I live in London, but am thinking about going to Beaucare for surgery due to the cost.  The PS there is very highly regarded for breast augmentation, and has performed gyne operations, but I'm desperate to speak to someone who's had the operation there!

Glad you are pleased with your results.  Do you have any pictures?

Offline nipplevision

• Silver Member
Thanks for replying!

I live in London, but am thinking about going to Beaucare for surgery due to the cost.  The PS there is very highly regarded for breast augmentation, and has performed gyne operations, but I'm desperate to speak to someone who's had the operation there!

Glad you are pleased with your results.  Do you have any pictures?

There are some pics on this forum in the post op section.
Currently my nipples are puffy, probably because of scar tissue. Seems to be a common problem post op...
But besides that, I'm happy with the operation. I think he did a good job but now I can only wait and hope everything heals ok.
Not much you can do about scar tissue. Patience is the key apparently!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024