Author Topic: Post-surgery recovery time  (Read 12646 times)

Offline moobydo

• Posting Member
Help! I'm trying to start this poll, but don't seem to have a "Start new poll" option... (From HELP page: "Starting a New Poll: A poll is basically a topic with an added question and voting options, started by clicking New Poll instead of New Topic as described above." But I don't find this option...)  Some admin help out there?  Thanks...!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Following surgery, how long did it take for your swelling etc. to subside enough for you to fairly accurately perceive what your final results were going to be?

[] less than two weeks
[] two to four weeks
[] four to six weeks
[] six to eight weeks
[] 2 - 3 months
[] 3 - 6 months
[] more than 6 months
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 03:34:42 PM by moobydo »

Offline Santos05

• Posting Member
That's what i assume as well, but i will let you know, i will post my new pic of my surgery, 5 days into it.. in a while..
Santos

DrBermant

Help! I'm trying to start this poll, but don't seem to have a "Start new poll" option... (From HELP page: "Starting a New Poll: A poll is basically a topic with an added question and voting options, started by clicking New Poll instead of New Topic as described above." But I don't find this option...)  Some admin help out there?  Thanks...!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Following surgery, how long did it take for your swelling etc. to subside enough for you to fairly accurately perceive what your final results were going to be?

[] less than two weeks
[] two to four weeks
[] four to six weeks
[] six to eight weeks
[] 2 - 3 months
[] 3 - 6 months
[] more than 6 months

I prefer techniques which mimimize Swelling after Gynecomastia Surgery such that most of my patients can see their results the day after surgery!

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Unfortunately, there are just too many variables for this poll to be accurate.  Patients react individually to surgery.  The same surgeon using the same technique may have more swelling in one patient than another.  Patients sometimes do not follow post-op instructions carefully -- or they may not wear their compression garment correctly, and on and on.

Many patients get a "preview" of their future result when the initial dressings are removed.  But this preview is temporary because tissues always swell and it takes time for the swelling to occur. And then it takes more time (several months) for all the swelling to disappear.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

Not all surgeons use the same techniques, after surgery care, compression garments. For my typical patient, peak swelling occurs in the operating room. Check out the many examples on my website. These images represent the normal tissue evolution for my patients.  To better understand what other methods offer should be investigated by finding examples posted by that surgeon or patients of that surgeon.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Badr

• Posting Member
I'm in the 3th week and the swelling is still obvious ...
what about you bro ?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024