Author Topic: Can I get some Doctors to weigh in on my post op results..photos included  (Read 2532 times)

Offline theguy

• Posting Member
Ok, I had surgery with Dr. Metzner in Vermont in Feb. 2008.  I live in the midwest now so traveling to see him for a checkup is not easy.  I had lipo and excision both through a single incision in the armpit.  My right hand side looks perfect but my left hand side still has scar tissue (I think).  It's been around 20 months now and I still have what I believe is scar tissue.  Will it ever heal.  I've added some photos to show what I'm talking about.  It's important to note that it's not easy to see it in certain types of light but you can in these photographs.  Just looking for somebody to weigh in and possibly give me some direction.  I've not had any cortico-steroid shots either.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Sorry, but the photos are of poor quality.  Besides, most often scar tissue can be felt before it is visible in a photo.

I understand the dilemma that you are not in close proximity to your surgeon.  If you cannot return to him, then perhaps you should consult a local plastic surgeon, preferably one well versed in gyne surgery, and request a consult for possible treatment.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline theguy

• Posting Member
Yeah, I know those photos suck lol- they're from my camera phone.  I can still feel the lumps from what I believe is scar tissue.  My doc said the scar tissue would heal up in year or so and it still hasn't.  Is it possible the scar tissue won't ever heal?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Scar tissue IS the way the body heals.  Sometimes the body produces more scar tissue than it needs, witness some skin scars which are thickened and raised while other skin scars may be thin and flat.

Most healing from gyne surgery is completed within about six months or so.  If a year has gone by, it is doubtful that any extra scar tissue (ie lumps) would disappear by themselves.

Therefore, intervention by your doctor may be necessary.  Again, best advice is to consult a local plastic surgeon who might be able to help you.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024