Author Topic: NIPPLE CREASE 3 AND A HALF MONTHS POST OP..  (Read 12711 times)

Offline james2002

• Posting Member
Hi

I hasd surgery on the 15th of July 2009, its been just over 3 months now.

when my breasts are relaxed the right hand side is creases and there is a dent on the top. if my nipples are hard the dent above the nipple is not evident and the creases arent visible.

i had quite large gyno and was told  it could be lax skin as i had gyno for over 10 years im 26, so is there any chance the skon could stretch more after 3 months if so how long.

and im aware muscular sports cant get rid of gland but now that my gland is gone via surgery can strength training exercises remove these creases.

im not sure whether the scar tissue under the nipple is causing the skin areola creases or not.would appreciate docs opinions

DrBermant

Hi

I hasd surgery on the 15th of July 2009, its been just over 3 months now.

when my breasts are relaxed the right hand side is creases and there is a dent on the top. if my nipples are hard the dent above the nipple is not evident and the creases arent visible.

i had quite large gyno and was told  it could be lax skin as i had gyno for over 10 years im 26, so is there any chance the skon could stretch more after 3 months if so how long.

and im aware muscular sports cant get rid of gland but now that my gland is gone via surgery can strength training exercises remove these creases.

im not sure whether the scar tissue under the nipple is causing the skin areola creases or not.would appreciate docs opinions

hi guys im about a week post op i know its still early but i have a crease in my nipples. alot of people say this does not go away has anyone had this and did it go away if so how long did it take?

3 months can still be early after surgery with some techniques.  It can take 6 months or longer for some of the tissue evolution after surgery.

Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Pictures can help other better understand your concerns.  A series of standard pictures, before, just after, and current help demonstrate evolution of tissues as seen in below links.

How Soon Do You See Results After Gynecomastia Surgery depends on many factors, we tend to see instant results for my patients.  However, I prefer to optimize Healing After My Male Chest Surgery such that early results are possible.

A "crease" in the areola after surgery can be from many possible issues. When there is a great deal of extra areola skin shrinking during surgery, some patients can have a temporary slight fold that resolves over time.  For my patients, I have now added some areola strapping / support with tape to help minimize that issue when it seems to develop during surgery. That way the problem never starts and we start out with a nice flat areola.  I have also seen Male Inverted Nipples from both primary gynecomastia and also as small versions of a Crater Deformity After Gynecomastia Surgery by other surgeons.  I have been able to repair such deformities with revision surgery when there are sufficient local tissue resources.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia Surgery

Offline james2002

• Posting Member
Hi

had surgery about 3 and a half months ago.

my nipples are creased when relaxed, some people on this forum have ben told it will go but a year on still have it.

anyway my nipples still hurt when i touch/massage it does this mean that im still healing? how do you know when its healed it shouldnt hurt right after 3.5 months?

Offline james2002

• Posting Member
had surgery 4 months ago. right breast  is slightly creased had large gyno. can scars attach to the skon to cause creases as i can feel the scar on the nipple while on the other i cant hence no creases.

also i ahd large areolas i heard doctor bermant or jacobs say that apart from surgery exercise can reduce areola size??? is that true? how so

DrBermant

had surgery 4 months ago. right breast  is slightly creased had large gyno. can scars attach to the skon to cause creases as i can feel the scar on the nipple while on the other i cant hence no creases.

also i ahd large areolas i heard doctor bermant or jacobs say that apart from surgery exercise can reduce areola size??? is that true? how so

See my previous answer.

I work with many Bodybuilders with Gynecomastia and know of no way that exercise or bodybuilding can help with areola size.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
There are only two ways in which a large diameter areola can be made smaller.

First is with gyne surgery -- the areola will undoubtedly spontaneously shrink in diameter.

The second is with surgery specifically designed to reduce the areolar size (ie a doughnut excision).  I do not do this and strongly recommend against it.  There will be resultant scars totally around the edge of the areola -- and oftentimes these particular scars do not heal well.  And finally, many times the areola will stretch out over time.

My own recommendation is to have gyne surgery and accept the resultant change in the areolar diameter.  Sometimes improvement is better than searching for perfection -- and ending up with bad and permanent scars.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024