Author Topic: Revision done 1 week before  (Read 2433 times)

Offline Ganesh

• Bronze Member
Hello Doctors,

Might be im the most depressed person in this world.I have so far had 2 gynaecomastia surgeries and still i have a crap breast.Im very depressed about this and i fear of my future because of this.Because of the results so far i have had i totally lost faith in plastic surgeons.Both of my 2 surgeons promised that i will have a flat chest but it was all a fake, nothing happened so..Un fortunately my second surgery happend in the hands of a local surgeons in delhi who claims that he is a master in tumescent technique... i had the procedure 1 week before and i dont have a feeling that a surgery has been performed in my breast.im wondering whether he did remove something or not.

Here is my situation... i had 2 gyne suregries so far(both gland excision+liposuction)...the second surgery is just a week before and already i dont have any symptoms of any discomfort of this surgery..no swelling .. the chest looks the same as it was before...

Please advice me in this case on how do i proceed....

Am i eligible for further gyne removal surgery..this i wd like to know...

and i have read a post from Dr Bernmant stating that reviosn done for a patient from china after 10 days of post of.. so is it applicable for me too...

please help me docs...

please respond ..

Awaiting ur reply ..

Thanks
E.Jaiganesh

DrBermant

Hello Doctors,

Might be im the most depressed person in this world.I have so far had 2 gynaecomastia surgeries and still i have a crap breast.Im very depressed about this and i fear of my future because of this.Because of the results so far i have had i totally lost faith in plastic surgeons.Both of my 2 surgeons promised that i will have a flat chest but it was all a fake, nothing happened so..Un fortunately my second surgery happend in the hands of a local surgeons in delhi who claims that he is a master in tumescent technique... i had the procedure 1 week before and i dont have a feeling that a surgery has been performed in my breast.im wondering whether he did remove something or not.

Here is my situation... i had 2 gyne suregries so far(both gland excision+liposuction)...the second surgery is just a week before and already i dont have any symptoms of any discomfort of this surgery..no swelling .. the chest looks the same as it was before...

Please advice me in this case on how do i proceed....

Am i eligible for further gyne removal surgery..this i wd like to know...

and i have read a post from Dr Bernmant stating that reviosn done for a patient from china after 10 days of post of.. so is it applicable for me too...

please help me docs...

please respond ..

Awaiting ur reply ..

Thanks
E.Jaiganesh

I have never revised a patient so soon after another doctor's gynecomastia surgery.  As early as 6 days after surgery, I have done second stage nipple reduction for patients with combined deformity of tissues both behind the areola and long nipples.

One week can be very early after surgery with some techniques.

Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Pictures can help other better understand your concerns.

How Tissues Evolve After Gynecomastia Surgery depend on many factors. Firm tissues after surgery can be residual gland, but also can just be healing tissues or scars.  Different surgical techniques injure tissues to different degrees.  The body typically needs to heal before considering revision surgery. Rushing into secondary surgery can be a mistake unless there are complications that need to be addressed or the next surgery is component of a staged procedure.  Time to tissues softening can vary depending on the original problem, what was done, after surgery care,
Scar Care, After Surgery Compression Garments, and many other factors. Options depend on the problem to be treated. Time can range from 6 months to a year but can vary depending on many issues best explored with your doctor.

I see many patients who complain of residual Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia after another doctor's surgery.  There are many possible problems causing such a deformity.  The most common is remaining gland behind the areola as seen in these Anatomy of Puffy Nipple Drawings.  Check out the images with the link for remaining gland after surgery to see what I mean. 

Liposuction is great for fat, but does not do well for gland at all.  As shown in the anatomy link, there are usually fingers of gland between fingers of fat.  Liposuction no matter what technique (sharp cutting cannula, specially designed cannula, ultrasonic, laser, or "smart") targets the fat first.  Remove the fat and the gland remains behind condensing the fingers making a firm mass. 
Even if the doctor achieves a flatter chest, that firm mass does not look like fat, move like fat, or compress like fat.  It just does not move well or look good (especially on animation).  That is why few doctors will show results with chest muscles tightened or arms up over the head or movies showing the tissues in motion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024