Author Topic: Surgery December 11, 2009. Before and After Photos.  (Read 4169 times)

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
I have finally joined the other side. ;D

I set up three consults and went with the most experienced surgeon that I felt most comfortable with.  If you have the time and cash, I recommend doing this because unexpected things can happen.  I didn't feel comfortable with one doctor, the other didn't think he could fix me, and the third was a great fit.  So more than one consult can be a safety net.

I am a free man now.  Of course, it will take up to a year to get the full result, but I already feel liberated.

Going into the bathroom now to take photos, which I will put up in a few minutes.  
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 01:41:10 PM by Wayne1985 »

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
http://picasaweb.google.com/WayneChest/20091215#
There is heavy swelling in these photos, so the results are hard to see early on.

Age I Developed Gyne: 11
Age at Surgery: 24
Total Cost of Gyne Surgery: $3950
Type: Lipo Only
Weight at Surgery: 180 Lbs.
Amount Removed: 150 cc per side

Stomach & Love Handle Lipo: $2900 Extra
Amount Removed: 500 cc
Reason: Fat deposits refused to go away, even after being in excellent shape.

I originally thought I would need only excision.  I was wrong; I had 150 cc of fat sucked from each side of my chest.  I am very pleased with the results of lipo alone.  Nipples are slightly puffy immediately after surgery, but surgeon believes it's just fluid swelling, and full results may take up to a year.  Even if they never settle totally flat, I am ten times happier with the chest I have now.

The early photos don't show it well due to swelling, but the lipo removed 500cc of fat from my gut and love handles.  I lost 15 pounds before surgery to get to a very low, stable weight; despite that, the gut and love handles persisted.  After reading this study about why fat is so difficult to lose, I decided lipo would be the only way to eliminate the annoying fat deposits. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/107043.php

I will keep posting photos as the months go by to show my progress.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 05:30:56 PM by Wayne1985 »

Offline dawct

• Posting Member
Congrats! I remember the day I had my surgery. April 8th, 2008. It's such a liberating feeling to just wear a t-shirt out. It seems so silly that something like that can really make such a difference, but it does. It was one of the best decisions I ever made. Enjoy yourself!

Offline teslacoil

• Posting Member
Congrats man, it looks good so far. I too just had surgery on the 11th in Atlanta. I have a very similar body shape as you, kinda skinny and tall  which makes the gyne so much more noticeable, but im 6 foot 145lbs. Ill try to get pics up too so we can compare, oh yea i am also 24 years old.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
Thanks guys. 

The surgeon that said he wouldn't operate on me thought my nipples would never settle flat, so he thought I would be disappointed.  My nipples still do have some puffiness, but I already feel a million times better.  Even if they never do settle down totally as my swelling goes away, I still STRONGLY recommend the surgery to anybody with this same worry--I feel so much better with all that excess volume gone.

Offline Personal1

• Bronze Member
Very nice, congratulations on your surgery :D!

Offline steelhead

• Silver Member
He only did lipo ? It amazes me that why more ps don't do direct incision ?

Offline EatingCake

• Posting Member
Looks good but why did you get liposuction for the love handles? I always believed mine were due because of the gland I had so when I squeezed my shoulder blades the chest would shrink but then the fat would come over to my back. If however there is a little bit of love handle still there I'll just try and run it off and work the lats and back for a few months in the gym. 

You are brave for taking your vest off, I'm not even considering it until I see the PS and he says I can take off the vest for good, I have seen too many pictures of caved in chests I'm paranoid as soon as I take it off craters will start to appear. Which is why I'm reserving the post op pics because I myself have not even seen my chest after surgery yet, it is kind of bugging me but I only have 4 days to wait until I will see them in the presence of my plastic surgeon. Congrats anyway.
op pictures: - 12th of December 2009 surgery
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=19668.0

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
I got the stomach and love handle lipo because now matter how skinny and in shape I've been, the gut and love handles always stuck around.  And there have been times I was in great shape; I'm not some couch potato just saying that.

Also, read that study I linked to above.  It says we are stuck with a set number of fat cells.  They either shrink or expand when you lose weight.  If you're stuck with a bunch of fat cells in places like your gut, you're not going to have much luck ever getting rid of it, because the fat cells never go away.

Offline EatingCake

• Posting Member
My current weight is 70kg (fat) but I remember dropping down to 64kg at my peak fitness level when I was riding my bike up mountains everyday and doing aikido 5 times a week and then going to gym maybe 3 times a week. Ontop of that I was real skinny and could see my rib cages, but I had no muscle so I just looked like a scrawny nothing. This time I'm gonna work my abs as soon as I can after surgery I don't really care about pecs or massive biceps just a good core.

So judging by how skinny I used to be and my body doesn't hold onto fat I would never need liposuction right? I don't believe that liposuction was a necessity if you really worked at your core and ate nothing but fish, chicken vegies and fruit for a long time and become almost like a monk in fitness regime you wouldn't of needed the liposuction. That's just my thought anyway. Hope this helps, because I was on a diet without any carbs for 3 months and I didnt have a stomach anymore its all determination dedication and motivation.

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
My current weight is 70kg (fat) but I remember dropping down to 64kg at my peak fitness level when I was riding my bike up mountains everyday and doing aikido 5 times a week and then going to gym maybe 3 times a week. Ontop of that I was real skinny and could see my rib cages, but I had no muscle so I just looked like a scrawny nothing. This time I'm gonna work my abs as soon as I can after surgery I don't really care about pecs or massive biceps just a good core.

So judging by how skinny I used to be and my body doesn't hold onto fat I would never need liposuction right? I don't believe that liposuction was a necessity if you really worked at your core and ate nothing but fish, chicken vegies and fruit for a long time and become almost like a monk in fitness regime you wouldn't of needed the liposuction. That's just my thought anyway. Hope this helps, because I was on a diet without any carbs for 3 months and I didnt have a stomach anymore its all determination dedication and motivation.

Hey man.  If you were able to work out and get all the fat cells down, then consider yourself lucky.  Not everybody can get rid of it with exercise alone, and I was unfortunately one of those people.  I'm in the military and went through rigorous physical training, and the excess fat was still there.  Once I started reading about lipo, and how our bodies have a set number of fat cells, I was sold.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024