Author Topic: New member, getting surgery!  (Read 2986 times)

Offline FutureSF

Hi all,

I found this board when i went about looking for real people regarding 'diet aid of questionable value'. I almost ordered it, and probably wasted my money, until I found these boards and read. Thanks.

So here's my story basically:
So I had been planning on going into the military. However, I due to my condition I didn't want it to be an issue. I have been wanting to get surgery probably more than anything I can think of. I have the money to pay for it in cash after working because after college I moved home and had practically no expenses while I was working, allowing me to save pretty much everything.

Unfortunately, I still have have student loans as well, which was cause for concern when I told my mom about my plans to have surgery then enter the military. The first time I told my mom about my want for surgery she and my father disagreed and didn't want to get it for me. It was kind of like they didn't take it serious, which is understandable. However, unless you live with it, I think it's hard for anyone to empathize. I can't even imagine how many times I've had to make stupid excuses when invited to pools or Spring Break (especially when I used to be on the swim team), or made excuses about attempting to find a girlfriend for fear of taking of my shirt.

So today, my mom told me basically she approves of the surgery after she talked to my dad, I plan to call the center and schedule my appointment for the 31st. I suppose it will be a great way to ring in the new year. I feel like I will be myself more fully. Anyways I plan on looking around the boards to find about pre-op and post-op tips to ensure the effectives of my surgery.

Anyways, I plan on posting later. take care all.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
there's something nice to have under the tree as it were.  'gratz at you. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline FutureSF

Thanks headheldhigh.

I just scheduled surgery officially for the 31st. I go in tomorrow for my appointment for my pre-op appointment and to pay. Any tips for pre-op, diet, exercise, liquids, etc.?

Offline FutureSF

So I went in today, I paid and got me pre-op out of the way. Tomorrow I have to go get the meds. On the way home I was thinking about just saying no to the whole thing. I suppose reading some of the possible negative outcomes had an effect on me. Then I was perusing through the success stories section, reading about how all the people are so happy and wishing they would have done it earlier. It really motivated me to go through with it all. Anyways, I'll continue to post as I progress throughout the process, take care all.

Offline FutureSF

So basically today I was thinking again about cancelling the whole thing. I guess my dad wasn't as supportive as I thought initially. He never really said anything to me after I assumed my mom had talked to him about it. Actually he hasn't said anything to me the past couple of days, twice when I asked him something. It got me thinking about forgetting the whole thing. But after thinking about it, I know this is what I really want. I've already lived the past 7-10 years with this, and I know I will be much more confident and happy when I get this over with. Oh well, just thought I'd stop by. Thanks for all the support. Take care.

Offline tapingthemdown

• Posting Member
You sound like a relatively young guy, which is definitely why you're the best candidate for this surgery. I say go ahead and get it over with and feel like the person you perceive yourself to be! I had the surgery about 2weeks ago and there is nothing to it! you'll be how amazed how quick and simple the procedure will be...when you awake from the sedatives/anesthesia ,you'll be wondering "that's it!"  All the stress gyne has caused over the years eliminated in an hour or so!  You'll thank yourself months later when you take your first top-less swim in the ocean or swimming pool (I cant wait!) and be able to wear all those ugly holiday sweaters & shirts from the family  :D 

Remember ,this procedure is for yourself....your dad may not understand, but WE surely DO!!

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
second that.  let us know how it went. 

Offline theprodikalson

• Posting Member
hey,
I am scheduled for the 15th of January and have had similar reactions from my family and friends.  While somewhat supportive they never miss the opportunity to get a good laugh from me going to my "titty doctor"
I try not to get angry with them and realize that what I am doing does not seem necessary in their eyes.  Furthermore they feel that the minuscule risks to someone they love, are not worth it.  It is our job to make them understand through our conviction and follow through with doing what matters and is best for ourselves.

I hope everything goes/went according to plan,
fill us in on the recovery process!
Peace and Love
Peace and Love

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024