Author Topic: i am 17 and have alot of unanswered ?'s about my gyno problem  (Read 1969 times)

Offline goffchigo

i have had this problem for as long as i can remember. i am now 17 years old going on 18 in may. and i dont undersand anything that i have read online just recently finding out that it is called gyno. my parents dont really care that i have been affected by this problem for so long especially in a highschool setting. my gyno in my opinion is exceptionally large my male breasts are bigger than my girlfriends which is very humiliating. i want to know how to find out how to take care of the problem i have been lookin gat buying masteron a steriod that helps with fat loss i am 5'8 180lbs at 11-12% body fat i wrestle and work out pretty often but i dont know what to do about the gyno problem. i come from a low income family which makes it difficult to get help i m sick as hiding myself behind a hoodie all year around and i want to beable to go swimming with my friends without being embarassed or humiliated. if i can please get some answers or advice i would greatly appreciate it. thanks

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
First, be aware that you are not alone.  Please explore this site -- you will find many of your questions answered-- frequently by other young men in the same situation.

One thing you MUST NOT DO is to buy any medications or drugs that purport to make your gyne better.  There are no proven drugs that would do this -- and if there were, don't you think everyone on this site would be taking it? You would be just losing money and would end up disappointed.

If your gyne has been present and stable for several years, then more than likely surgery will offer the best answer for you.  And if your financial situation is tight, then consider going to the plastic surgery clinic at a local teaching hospital which has a training program in plastic surgery.  There, your situation can be evaluated.  If surgery is indicated, then you might consider it -- but be aware that it would be a surgeon in training doing the procedure -- advised by an older, more experienced surgeon.  Best idea would be to wait, save money and go to one of the more experienced surgeons on this site.

Good luck to you!

Dr Jacobs
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 12:21:53 PM by Dr. Elliot Jacobs »
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024