Author Topic: @ Dr. Bermant  (Read 2656 times)

Offline mcpuffles

Hello all,

I've been reading these forums for a good year or so now off and on. It felt great just discovering this site actually when I started searching for information regarding puffy nipples. I've had this issue since I was about 12 years old, and am now 21 (22 in May!)...soo i've been dealing with this for quite some time now. I was told by a doctor at like age 14 that it was normal in a lot of teens due to puberty and would go away in a few years. Unfortunately, I kept telling myself maybe just another year?

After finding this site I realized my only option to rid myself of this problem finally is going to be surgery. I've read many posts from older men and they're only regret after getting surgery has been that they waited so long to do it. I feel like I've waited long enough already.

Sooo my questions are for Dr. Bermant, after reading many posts and experiences from patients and viewing your site, I feel that you are the best choice for my particular case. I have already called your office the other day to inquire about the prices that this might set me back by.

First question: Soo the pricing range for surgery as to Puffy Nipples, can be anywhere from $4,000 to $7,000? I think they mentioned even up to $9,000 also? I don't think that mine would cost that much..and i guess id only really know after a consultation?

Next question: About how long would it be after i schedule a consultation , that my surgery might get scheduled for? I live in NC, so the drive to richmond is only going to be about 6 hours...soo I'm hoping to get in for a consultation here in about 2-3 weeks.

Final question: When would be the best time to have the surgery in regards to wearing the compression vests after surgery, I am really worried that i will be sweating like a dog during the summer if i have the surgery by May. And also, how long would I be wearing the vests until i could finally take them off? I'd love to actually be able to go to the beach by the end of july or even august!

Thanks in advance.

-Puffles (clever naming in my opinion!)

DrBermant

Hello all,

I've been reading these forums for a good year or so now off and on. It felt great just discovering this site actually when I started searching for information regarding puffy nipples. I've had this issue since I was about 12 years old, and am now 21 (22 in May!)...soo i've been dealing with this for quite some time now. I was told by a doctor at like age 14 that it was normal in a lot of teens due to puberty and would go away in a few years. Unfortunately, I kept telling myself maybe just another year?

After finding this site I realized my only option to rid myself of this problem finally is going to be surgery. I've read many posts from older men and they're only regret after getting surgery has been that they waited so long to do it. I feel like I've waited long enough already.

Sooo my questions are for Dr. Bermant, after reading many posts and experiences from patients and viewing your site, I feel that you are the best choice for my particular case. I have already called your office the other day to inquire about the prices that this might set me back by.

First question: Soo the pricing range for surgery as to Puffy Nipples, can be anywhere from $4,000 to $7,000? I think they mentioned even up to $9,000 also? I don't think that mine would cost that much..and i guess id only really know after a consultation?

I see so many different types of male breasts that the Cost of Gynecomastia Surgery can vary greatly. Jane is my office manager and can better help with typical costs and fees.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Next question: About how long would it be after i schedule a consultation , that my surgery might get scheduled for? I live in NC, so the drive to richmond is only going to be about 6 hours...soo I'm hoping to get in for a consultation here in about 2-3 weeks.

Thank you for your kind words. We see many gynecomastia patients from North Carolina and around the world who prefer my techniques. Most start with our Preliminary Remote Discussion to minimize travel. Others prefer the in office visit first and then return later for surgery at the next available surgery date.

Jane can also help with what time we have available in our schedule for consultations and current lead times to surgery.

Final question: When would be the best time to have the surgery in regards to wearing the compression vests after surgery, I am really worried that i will be sweating like a dog during the summer if i have the surgery by May. And also, how long would I be wearing the vests until i could finally take them off? I'd love to actually be able to go to the beach by the end of july or even august!

Thanks in advance.

-Puffles (clever naming in my opinion!)

There is no one universal time that patients prefer surgery. Some want it during the winter, others summer, others spring, others fall. The preference for time of year also fails for global location south of the equator patients also have no seasonal preference. During summer, air conditioning makes wearing the garment easier. Some use the time off of school during summer to have their sculpture so they can return new men. Yet others rather the winter so they can be ready for the beach. Go figure.

I use two types of After Surgery Compression Garments after Gynecomastia Surgery. Stage One Compression Garments are for protecting tissues. Stage 2 Compression Garments are for the scars. Scars that evolve under pressure do better than scars without. Learning to have pressure on the healing tissue until it softens seems to have really made a massive difference in scar quality. I used to caution my patients I could see the scar on all of my gynecomastia surgery. Over the past several years several patients have returned to the office and I had a hard time finding the scars. My feeling is that the garment pressure is making a major difference!

So time to wear garments depends on what needs to be done, how someone heals, scar care, and varies from patient to patient. You have had cuts before. How long until those scars softened?

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024