Author Topic: Gyne / Just fat / Both?  (Read 2324 times)

Offline sorryfawker

Just want your guys opinion. 6' 185lbs BMI 25, would you consult a physician if it were you?

DrBermant

Just want your guys opinion. 6' 185lbs BMI 25, would you consult a physician if it were you?

A BMI of 25 is in the normal range.

As you can see in the Anatomy of Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia, the contour deformity consists of gland, fat, and skin. These are the components is all male breast, it is just a question of how much of each. All mammals have gland, both male and female. All female breasts have fat. So if the contour does not say male, whether it is fat or gland, then by definition it is gynecomastia. It may only be Puffy Nipples, but it still distorts a male look to the chest.

Photographs alone will not define the components, nor will Examination of the Male Chest. You could get a Male Mammogram Breast Xray, but that would be a waste of money and radiation unless there are clinical findings to suggest otherwise.

That is why I evolved my Dynamic Technique that lets what I find during surgery dictate what sculpture needs to be done.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg

Seeing your pics, I am not sure that losing weight would help... You can still try but... I doubt about the results.

Considering that and your pictures, there is some gyno there, undoubtedly. But is it necessary to go under the knife for that ? I don't think so. Now, if you're really in problem with your chest, then think about surgery. Otherwise, leave it ! Your chest looks fine, with a bit breast but... Honestly... nothing bad at all !

Offline DR87

• Posting Member
I agree with gynefor I think I had a similar case of gynecomastia and I decided to go for surgery but its up to you. It doesn't look awful.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024