Author Topic: Dr Fielding is a great man!  (Read 2806 times)

Offline tim archer

Hey everyone.  I won't go into my whole story because mine sounds just like everyone else's and I don't feel like typing that much.  In brief, I had them since I was 8 or 10, I'm not sure, I really can't remember not having them.  Not a day has gone by that I haven't cursed my chest.  Until 2 years ago I didn't even know it was a medical condition or that it could be corrected.
I debated it for a long time in my mind, in retrospect I don't know why I hesitated for so long.  I guess the idea of having surgery made me nervous and I didn't know how to tell the people in my life about it.  I thought money was a factor but really a couple thousand dollars is a small price to pay to have this procedure done.

I'm 1 week post op and although I'm very very bruised and still wearing the vest, it's a sunny day and I'm wearing a fitted t-shirt.  Dr Fielding was my surgeon, and I couldn't be happier with the experience I've had with him.  In his office he was extremely friendly and took the time to explain everything and allowed me to ask all my questions.  The day of the surgery was a breeze for me considering I'm a person who hates all things medical.  Here's a tip for anyone who may feel the same about the hospital:  As I lied down on the operating table, the anesthesiologist noted that I seemed a bit nervous and mentioned that she could have given me valium while I was waiting to calm me down.  Anyway,  I woke up feeling not too sore and went home nice and dopey and I really wasn't in much pain.  The following week wasn't really that painful.  I just had my follow up with Dr Fielding yesterday, he told me I'm on track, a bit more bruised than most but looking good.  I have to wear the vest for 2 more weeks at which point I can start working out again.

For all of you guys out there contemplating surgery.  DO IT!!  Save your money and get it done.  The small inconvenience that this procedure caused me is a blip in the timeline of my life.  My surgery cost me 2600.  I've heard of guys paying less and more.  I am just fine with what it cost me.  My chest is flat, I can wear anything I want, soon enough I'll be swimming and will not spend another second of my life cursing man boobs.  Dr Fielding is a talented surgeon and I can't thank him enough for this.

I'm not going to post any pics because I have tattoos that would identify me and I only told one person in confidence about this surgery.  Just know that it went very well and I am HAPPY.

Offline certified fresh

• Posting Member
Where is Dr. Fielding located? I'm looking to have the procedure done for less than around 3k. You mentioned your cost was only 2600? Would you mind providing me with contact information? Thank you!

Offline tim archer

Dr Fielding is located in Toronto. 
This is his contact info:
2425 Bloor Street West
Suite 401
Toronto
Ontario
M6S 4W4

Phone: (416) 766-8890

Good Luck!

Offline mkv

did ohip cover part of it?