Author Topic: Can you please suggest a good Endo (one that knows gyne)  (Read 1872 times)

Offline garmoe

• Posting Member
 I've always felt I've had less testosterone in comparison to my friends and school mates, the hand (finger) test confirms, blood test all show within range, BUT WHAT IS RANGE, each time I've been  tested I was at the lowest end of RANGE.....my SHBG is now over RANGE, me FREE TEST is slightly below RANGE,  and E2 is mid RANGE, FSH is very high

My frustration is the every MD or ENDO that I have ever seen, just tells me everything is OK, within RANGE, they can't even address my left nipple pain, because it comes and go's.....

Can someone please recommend an ENDO that knows male hormones and not just diabiates in the Los Angels area?

Thank you

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I suspect by now that you realize our expertise lies outside of the realm of endocrinology, and similarly, we as referring physicians find the same frustration that you've found in seeking out an expert who knows something other than diabetes.  I can't give you a specific name of any endocrinologist in the country who particularly cares about sex hormones, though I'm sure they're out there.  In Los Angeles, you most certainly have "anti-aging physicians," who are likely to ask you for cash payments, rather than accepting insurance, but who may be able to run a battery of tests that will be a more complete and a more focused evaluation of your sexual hormones.  Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if they tell you that you need to think about testosterone supplementation, depending on your age, since that's how they make a living.  I would guess they are more liberal than "regular" physicians when it comes to hormone replacement.  The other option to think about would be a pediatric endocrinologist, since they may deal with sexual hormone aberrations more often than adult endocrinologists.

Good luck,

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline garmoe

• Posting Member
Thank you Dr. Silverman.....I haven't been on the board for a few, but I did find a sports med. doctor (MD) who looked at my last 2 blood results and saw some areas of concern. He wants me to try Arimidex first to see if that will lower the SHBG and raise the free Test first. He also told me that I may have to go to TRT later in life and was very careful to mention the "lifetime" commitment and risks that come with that. This was the first doctor that told me that he "treats the symptoms, NOT the numbers" . I was glad to hear something other RANGE, which never made sense to me, how could they compare 59 year man to 21 year old man?

Dr. Silverman Thank you for your other suggestions. I also found your website very informative!

Thank you,

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024